Cleveland Marshall School of Law VERSUS Mississippi College

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
ndirish2010

Re: Cleveland Marshall School of Law VERSUS Mississippi College

Postby ndirish2010 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:20 pm

red_alertz wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:Red_alertz, please shut up and allow posters with actual knowledge of law school to give OP advice. Everyone works hard in law school. The people who finish below median, below top quarter, etc... are not dumb or lazy. Law school grades are very arbitrary.

shhhh take ur bashing elsewhere troll

Haha, whatever. You should be banned. It must be great to have no life as a 0L.

red_alertz

Postby red_alertz » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:22 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
red_alertz wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:Red_alertz, please shut up and allow posters with actual knowledge of law school to give OP advice. Everyone works hard in law school. The people who finish below median, below top quarter, etc... are not dumb or lazy. Law school grades are very arbitrary.

i should be banned for telling OP he has hope by working hard instead of facing doomsday like u would predict?

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:24 pm

red_alertz wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:
red_alertz wrote:

i should be banned for telling OP he has hope by working hard instead of facing doomsday like u would predict?

For telling anyone to got Mississippi College on anything less than a full ride, you should be banned. For telling anyone that 'working hard' will get you anywhere in law school. If you don't 'work hard,' you will be fucked. If you do 'work hard,' you will still probably be fucked at these schools.

red_alertz

Postby red_alertz » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:27 pm

i should be banned for telling OP to attend short of fullride? who says u canot attend short of fullride? btw be mature with ur languages, will ya?

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:30 pm

red_alertz wrote:i should be banned for telling OP to attend short of fullride? who says u canot attend short of fullride? btw be mature with ur languages, will ya?

This is a law school forum, I assume we're all over 21. Nobody says you can't, we just say you are really dumb if you do. There are much better investments out there. Anything else. Your time would be better spent working for $10/hr wearing the statue of liberty suit for Liberty Tax Services than wasting any money on MC.

red_alertz

Postby red_alertz » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:33 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
red_alertz wrote:i should be banned for telling OP to attend short of fullride? who says u canot attend short of fullride? btw be mature with ur languages, will ya?

This is a law school forum, I assume we're all over 21. Nobody says you can't, we just say you are really dumb if you do. There are much better investments out there. Anything else. Your time would be better spent working for $10/hr wearing the statue of liberty suit for Liberty Tax Services than wasting any money on MC.

going to miss does not equal to doom even with a loan, if op can graduate with decent grades, he can be well set, if he doesn't at least try, then he obviously will not succeed, it's great and all that you go to ND, a great school, but that doesn't mean you can be so arrogant towards the schools OP may attend

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:38 pm

red_alertz wrote:I am either a complete idiot or a douchebag alt that trolls every thread I comment in

I concur.

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:39 pm

red_alertz wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:

going to miss does not equal to doom even with a loan, if op can graduate with decent grades, he can be well set, if he doesn't at least try, then he obviously will not succeed, it's great and all that you go to ND, a great school, but that doesn't mean you can be so arrogant towards the schools OP may attend

You may have a 5% chance of getting a decent job from MC. I am not bragging about what school I go to, most people on TLS would consider NDLS to be a TTTT. I am not paying sticker however, and never would have attended if I had to do so.

What do you mean by 'decent' grades? I take that to mean around median. With around median grades at a T25, you're in for a struggle. Imagine having those grades at a T4.

red_alertz

Postby red_alertz » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:42 pm

just means OP will be limited to the region and not a big law job, but still could live comfortably

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:47 pm

red_alertz wrote:just means OP will be limited to the region and not a big law job, but still could live comfortably

Haha, I guess that depends on your definition of comfortably. OP will be limited to not getting a biglaw job by simply enrolling in MC and not finishing first in the class. If OP doesn't finish in the top 5-10%, finding legal work of any kind will be rather difficult. In that case, what really was the point of going to law school? I suppose ignorance is bliss, so I'll let you go off into your alternative world.

AdonisB

Postby AdonisB » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:14 pm

I am actually doing a process of elimination. My top choices are Brooklyn Law, NYU and Villanova. However, was offered a scholarship to Cleveland Marshall so debating actually paying for my law degree versus paying little or nothing for my degree.

My grades in undergrad (B+) grad school (A)... so i no way have I not worked hard to whomever made that assumption.

Appreciate the comments though.... positive and even the negative ones.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:33 pm

AdonisB wrote:I am actually doing a process of elimination. My top choices are Brooklyn Law, NYU and Villanova. However, was offered a scholarship to Cleveland Marshall so debating actually paying for my law degree versus paying little or nothing for my degree.

My grades in undergrad (B+) grad school (A)... so i no way have I not worked hard to whomever made that assumption.

I'm guessing you mean NYLS, not NYU

MrKappus

Postby MrKappus » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:01 pm

scammedhard

Postby scammedhard » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:04 pm

AdonisB wrote:I am actually doing a process of elimination. My top choices are Brooklyn Law, NYU and Villanova. However, was offered a scholarship to Cleveland Marshall so debating actually paying for my law degree versus paying little or nothing for my degree.

OP:

If those two are your ONLY options, I am gonna vote for Mississippi College because they are not (yet) in TTR.

Here is the Cleveland Marshall review:

http://T14 Paradise.blogspot.com/20 ... llege.html

Good luck. You will certainly need it.

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:30 pm

Whose alt are you?

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:35 pm

bjsesq wrote:

Whose alt are you?

This is what I want to know. I've had to yell at him in so many threads. He trolls people telling them a 2.4 or a 2.7 GPA is a great GPA or that a 136 is an ok LSAT to have

Stringer6

Postby Stringer6 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:39 pm

Having an "alt" on tls is only slightly less cool than having one username

red_alertz

Postby red_alertz » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:07 am

Flips88 wrote:
bjsesq wrote:

Whose alt are you?

This is what I want to know. I've had to yell at him in so many threads. He trolls people telling them a 2.4 or a 2.7 GPA is a great GPA or that a 136 is an ok LSAT to have

2.7 is a good gpa if u have good LSAT, 136 is ok lsat is all other aspects of ur app r great, like profitprophet's situation

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:19 am

red_alertz wrote:2.7 is a good gpa if u have good LSAT, 136 is ok lsat is all other aspects of ur app r great, like profitprophet's situation

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

scammedhard

Postby scammedhard » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:31 am

Flips88 wrote:
red_alertz wrote:2.7 is a good gpa if u have good LSAT, 136 is ok lsat is all other aspects of ur app r great, like profitprophet's situation

This "red_alertz" dude is a soon-to-be "Joseph Rakofsky."

--LinkRemoved--

red_alertz

Postby red_alertz » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:33 am

Flips88 wrote:

ban this troll plz

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:43 am

red_alertz wrote:

ban this troll plz

I couldn't agree more

rose711

Postby rose711 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:01 am

OP if you have to go to either of these schools - go to the one that will give you the least debt and the most job flexibility. I'm from New York and I think there is enough anti-Mississippi bias here to work against you if you left Mississippi for employment in the North, just as someone mentioned there will be bias against you in Mississippi if you are not local or Southern.

I vote Cleveland State - even though the job market in Ohio is crowded, you won't have debt to worry about.
Plus, there are nice parts of Cleveland and it is a relatively sophisticated city with an excellent art museum and cultural scene.

I am not familiar with Mississippi so I can't comment on living there.

Have you visited those schools?

Also, what about your other choices? Have you ruled them out?

Case2L

Postby Case2L » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:46 pm

If you must pick between the two, go with C-M. Marshall had a halfway decent reputation in Cleveland.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:23 pm

Hey guys, I was just wondering... should I light 200k on fire, or should I flush it down the toilet?

Thanks!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”