GULC vs. NYU

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
js881

GULC vs. NYU

Postby js881 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:55 pm

I have been accepted at both NYU and GULC. I know I want to work in government and politics and will almost certainly find my way to DC post-graduation. I am really excited about a lot of the courses I see listed at Gtown, particularly their focus on international relations law and national security law. NYU has some of that but it also seems to have a biglaw focus that I'm not at all interested in. I have been having a gut feeling for georgetown but I am wondering whether their big difference in rank should make a difference. Is NYU really that much better than Georgetown? I also am wondering about GULC vs. NYU prospects for gov employment in DC.

Knock

Re: GULC vs. NYU

Postby Knock » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:59 pm

js881 wrote:I have been accepted at both NYU and GULC. I know I want to work in government and politics and will almost certainly find my way to DC post-graduation. I am really excited about a lot of the courses I see listed at Gtown, particularly their focus on international relations law and national security law. NYU has some of that but it also seems to have a biglaw focus that I'm not at all interested in. I have been having a gut feeling for georgetown but I am wondering whether their big difference in rank should make a difference. Is NYU really that much better than Georgetown? I also am wondering about GULC vs. NYU prospects for gov employment in DC.

Did you get any scholarship money from Georgetown? You can definitely make your way to DC from NYU. If the money is similar, I'd take NYU.

BrianGriffintheDog

Re: GULC vs. NYU

Postby BrianGriffintheDog » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:07 pm

If you're planning on working on DC, GULC is the one for you. The only reason NYU is ranked so high is bc of its biglaw focus, but then again the same could be said for other t-14 law schools (maybe except for Y & H).

Return to “Choosing a Law School”