Have to decided where to go asap

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Where should I go

Syracuse
42%
Buffalo
11%
Quinnipiac
47%

Total votes: 19

StillHerexxx

Have to decided where to go asap

Postby StillHerexxx » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:18 pm

At first my choice was between Cuse and Buffalo, but Quinnipiac matched my Cuse offer without a stipulation. I want to do Jag and after want to be in New England or NY. Where to go? They all end up being the same tuition. Roughly the same living expense wise.

mrtoren

Re: Have to decided where to go asap

Postby mrtoren » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:51 pm

Are you guaranteed JAG right now? Its a tough call with any of those schools, but knowing you have a first job waiting would be a relief. I'm hesitant to recommend Syracuse or Buffalo unless you understand and accept that you won't have much of a chance at NYC firms in the future. Quinnipiac is also shaky, but at least it has less competition in its state. I guess my vote goes to Syracuse, if for nothing more than the nice campus and name recognition, but it certainly won't open any doors for you. You're probably going to have to work pretty hard to find a job after JAG.

firemed

Re: Have to decided where to go asap

Postby firemed » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:00 pm

mrtoren wrote:Are you guaranteed JAG right now? Its a tough call with any of those schools, but knowing you have a first job waiting would be a relief. I'm hesitant to recommend Syracuse or Buffalo unless you understand and accept that you won't have much of a chance at NYC firms in the future. Quinnipiac is also shaky, but at least it has less competition in its state. I guess my vote goes to Syracuse, if for nothing more than the nice campus and name recognition, but it certainly won't open any doors for you. You're probably going to have to work pretty hard to find a job after JAG.

Um, I am guessing that with a network of other JAG people available that jobs will be just as easy to find as someone who went to a strong regional or lower T1.

And I would say that unless you are sure (as in you have prior military, are in great shape, etc.) you have a great shot at a JAG job then it might not be worth it to pay sticker at ANY of these schools. Now if you have a scholly then maybe.

Also, it is not confidence inspiring in me that you have used "decided" when you mean "decide" in the thread title. Might want to change that.

StillHerexxx

Re: Have to decide where to go asap

Postby StillHerexxx » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:13 pm

That is what we call writing the title on a cell phone while running into work late. Thanks for your worry though. Also, clearly states that scholarships were matched, so definitly not going for sticker.

I am not guaranteed JAG, but it is what I am hoping to pursue. I hate NYC and have no intention of working or living there. I am happy in upstate NY or anywhere in the New England region.

Anyone have any opinions that don't involve pretending you are smart because you found a typo?

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:15 pm

StillHerexxx wrote:That is what we call writing the title on a cell phone while running into work late. Thanks for your worry though. Also, clearly states that scholarships were matched, so definitly not going for sticker.

I am not guaranteed JAG, but it is what I am hoping to pursue. I hate NYC and have no intention of working or living there. I am happy in upstate NY or anywhere in the New England region.

Anyone have any opinions that don't involve pretending you are smart because you found a typo?

New York City hates you too.

firemed

Postby firemed » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:23 pm

StillHerexxx wrote:That is what we call writing the title on a cell phone while running into work late. Thanks for your worry though. Also, clearly states that scholarships were matched, so definitly not going for sticker.

Wow... I was going to apologize for my RC fail with the scholly thing... but then you suggested I only pretend to be smart. Nice job insulting the person who noticed a typo that makes you look like a jack-ass... that will definitely up your cred. :lol: :lol:

Whatever. I voted up top FWIW.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”