Bored soon-to-be Vandy Grad taking questions...

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
UFBoldAsLove
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:05 pm

Bored soon-to-be Vandy Grad taking questions...

Postby UFBoldAsLove » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:54 pm

Waiting for my Admin Law E&E before I can start studying for my last set of exams.

Basic info ... 3L, from Florida, headed to a Vault firm in DC (not til December though, unfortunately).

SupraVln180
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: Bored soon-to-be Vandy Grad taking questions...

Postby SupraVln180 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:56 pm

UFBoldAsLove wrote:Waiting for my Admin Law E&E before I can start studying for my last set of exams.

Basic info ... 3L, from Florida, headed to a Vault firm in DC (not til December though, unfortunately).


What was your class rank? I'm also assuming you got your firm gig through OCI. Am I correct?

UFBoldAsLove
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Bored soon-to-be Vandy Grad taking questions...

Postby UFBoldAsLove » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:59 pm

SupraVln180 wrote:
UFBoldAsLove wrote:Waiting for my Admin Law E&E before I can start studying for my last set of exams.

Basic info ... 3L, from Florida, headed to a Vault firm in DC (not til December though, unfortunately).


What was your class rank? I'm also assuming you got your firm gig through OCI. Am I correct?


I believe I was somewhere around 20-25% when I went through OCI. OCI was relatively rough my 2L fall ... had 14 interviews, 5 callbacks (3 Vault in DC, 1 in Houston, one in Delaware). Oh and yes my gig was through OCI. I also was a summer associate as a 1L at an NLJ 250 firm in Florida.

FiveSermon
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Re: Bored soon-to-be Vandy Grad taking questions...

Postby FiveSermon » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:11 pm

Did you choose Vandy over higher ranked schools?

How is the atmosphere there? Did your classmates who graduated at median find jobs?

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Bored soon-to-be Vandy Grad taking questions...

Postby Grizz » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:14 pm

PM'd

UFBoldAsLove
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Bored soon-to-be Vandy Grad taking questions...

Postby UFBoldAsLove » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:16 pm

FiveSermon wrote:Did you choose Vandy over higher ranked schools?

How is the atmosphere there? Did your classmates who graduated at median find jobs?


I chose Vandy over UVA, Michigan, Chicago and Cornell... though UVA was the only real contender.

I love Vanderbilt and Nashville even more. The people at Vandy are pretty laid back, my class gets along really well, and I've made a lot of non-law school friends as well. Nashville is a great city... I intend to stick around for the summer/fall, since I'd rather be here then go back home to Florida.

Overall I think most of my median friends have jobs - though some had to "settle" a bit as far as location ... e.g. they wanted biglaw in ATL, going to midlaw in Bham, or St. Louis when they wanted Chicago. Again, I think things have gotten better ... our OCI fall (2009) was a rough time.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Bored soon-to-be Vandy Grad taking questions...

Postby Grizz » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:30 pm

What are your favorite Nashville bars?

UFBoldAsLove
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Bored soon-to-be Vandy Grad taking questions...

Postby UFBoldAsLove » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:37 pm

rad law wrote:What are your favorite Nashville bars?



Roof, broadway brew midtown, losers, Paradise Park. The usual.

User avatar
enron123
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:45 pm

Re: Bored soon-to-be Vandy Grad taking questions...

Postby enron123 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:16 am

Congrats on your job thats awesome!

In terms of SA as a 1L did you have any special connection there or....how did it come about if you dont mind me asking?

UFBoldAsLove
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Bored soon-to-be Vandy Grad taking questions...

Postby UFBoldAsLove » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:12 pm

enron123 wrote:Congrats on your job thats awesome!

In terms of SA as a 1L did you have any special connection there or....how did it come about if you dont mind me asking?


Other than being from Florida, no. Just send 100+ resumes out in early December, got two (yes, two) interviews, and one offer.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, chasima, Google Adsense [Bot] and 7 guests