Retaking but now off two waitlists. Helpppppp

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
noleknight16

Retaking but now off two waitlists. Helpppppp

Postby noleknight16 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:59 pm

I am retaking the LSAT in June, but recently off Denver and Richmond's waitlists. I like both Denver and Virginia but I want to do better school ranking wise. So I have two questions:

1) Overall, which school is better off in their respective regions if I had to pick one (I equally like both areas)?

and

2) Should I disregard both at sticker or deposit at one and just not enroll if I significantly improve my LSAT in June (I was scoring much higher on practice LSATs)?

c_dubya_s

Re: Retaking but now off two waitlists. Helpppppp

Postby c_dubya_s » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:08 pm

If you were truly scoring significantly higher on practice LSATs taken under LSAT conditions, then I'm not sure I would deposit at all. Law school will still be there next year. I would advise you to retake and go to a school you really like, rather than paying sticker for a school you're not that wild about.

factorygoddess

Postby factorygoddess » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:06 pm

noleknight16 wrote:I am retaking the LSAT in June, but recently off Denver and Richmond's waitlists. I like both Denver and Virginia but I want to do better school ranking wise. So I have two questions:

1) Overall, which school is better off in their respective regions if I had to pick one (I equally like both areas)?

and

2) Should I disregard both at sticker or deposit at one and just not enroll if I significantly improve my LSAT in June (I was scoring much higher on practice LSATs)?

I'd say hold off a year and re-take the LSAT. Your GPA is good, but if you can get the LSAT up just into the 160ish range, you'd do better acceptance wise, and may even find yourself some scholarships. Once you re-take the LSAT, you'll be ready to go with your applications early in the next cycle. You'll have a chance to re-write or edit your essays, and may be able to get some better offers.

In my opinion, if you're just considering Denver and Richmond both at full price, I'd wait. That's a lot of debt. You're looking at just over $100k in tuition alone, not to mention the cost of living.

If I were in your situation, that's what I'd do :)

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:32 pm

I cannot offer any advice other than to note that Denver is gorgeous & Virginia is beautiful. Both are great places to live & work.

Law Sauce

Postby Law Sauce » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:38 am

You may be able to do better I think you should keeping trying. However if you must pick one of these two options. Denver does much better in CO than Richmond in VA. There are many more great schools in VA than in CO. If you go to Denver though, expect to say in CO after school as well.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”