Pepperdine vs Chicago-Kent

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
deepspacenine

Pepperdine vs Chicago-Kent

Postby deepspacenine » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:20 pm

-
Last edited by deepspacenine on Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uzpakalis

Re: Pepperdine vs Chicago-Kent

Postby uzpakalis » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:58 pm

Go to Pepperdine and don't look back if you want CA. Kent is a good school for Chi, but that's it. Plus Malibu > Chicago.

deepspacenine

Postby deepspacenine » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:01 pm

-
Last edited by deepspacenine on Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EstboundNDwn

Postby EstboundNDwn » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:25 pm

deepspacenine wrote:
uzpakalis wrote:Go to Pepperdine and don't look back if you want CA. Kent is a good school for Chi, but that's it. Plus Malibu > Chicago.

Thanks for the input! This may be a dumb question but does Pepperdine have a reputation in Cali for being a bastion of conservativism? I don't really care what Pepperdine's political views are one way or the other but I am concerned about being pigeonholed when I am job hunting in an arguably partisan state (California).

If you don't get a job because the HR coordinator or person in charge of hiring doesn't like the political lean of the school you went to, then you wouldn't want to work for a bunch of close-minded assholes anyway. The fact is that Pepperdine is known to be conservative, but it's not Baylor or Auburn conservative.

And Pepperdine's reach isn't just limited to LA, it's actually pretty safe throughout SoCal. When the economy wasn't garbage some of the BigLaw jobs in San Diego have even gone to a few Pepperdine grads.

Besides, Malibu >Anywhere in the Midwest, and almost anywhere in CA, except for maybe La Jolla or Marin.

I mean, damn, look at this:

--ImageRemoved--

imbored25

Postby imbored25 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:18 pm

v

Return to “Choosing a Law School”