Columbia (Sticker) vs Cornell (Sticker) vs. Emory ($$$)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which is the best choice?

Columbia (Sticker)
74%
Cornell (Sticker)
No votes
Emory ($$$)
26%

Total votes: 34

massattack

Re: Columbia (Sticker) vs Cornell (Sticker) vs. Emory ($$$)

Postby massattack » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:52 pm

drummerboy wrote:I guess im referring to the ops choices, Emory in particular. I certainly dont want to feel the pressure of having to secure biglaw and really dont mind the SE. From what others have said, you pretty much have to get biglaw or PI with LRAP to survive the debt burden. Thats what Im afraid of

+1

drummerboy

Postby drummerboy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:56 pm

Well see what happens. Should be interesting. Although it would be nice to potentially( although not very likely) attend CLS, the debt issue and the stress it comes with may make the whole process somewhat unbearable.

massattack

Postby massattack » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:58 pm

drummerboy wrote:Well see what happens. Should be interesting. Although it would be nice to potentially( although not very likely) attend CLS, the debt issue and the stress it comes with may make the whole process somewhat unbearable.

+1 again

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:59 pm

ITT: People stress and debate what they would do should they get accepted to a school that have no real shot at outside a miracle.

:D

bk1

Postby bk1 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:00 pm

massattack wrote:
drummerboy wrote:I guess im referring to the ops choices, Emory in particular. I certainly dont want to feel the pressure of having to secure biglaw and really dont mind the SE. From what others have said, you pretty much have to get biglaw or PI with LRAP to survive the debt burden. Thats what Im afraid of

+1

I would generally take the less debt if it is something like full ride to a top regional versus sticker at a T6, assuming the top regional is in the area you want. You do pretty much forgo your chances at biglaw but I personally think that is fine compared to less debt.

drummerboy

Postby drummerboy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:04 pm

like i said just mental masturbation. no stress just expounding on the general principles we have all learned this past year on tls. and yes feel the heat i too will punch myself in the face should this miracle materialize

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:05 pm

drummerboy wrote:like i said just mental masturbation. no stress just expounding on the general principles we have all learned this past year on tls. and yes feel the heat i too will punch myself in the face should this miracle materialize

Are you a URM? PM if you want, I'm just curious.

massattack

Postby massattack » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:10 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:ITT: People stress and debate what they would do should they get accepted to a school that have no real shot at outside a miracle.

I know it's a long long long shot. But hey, it's my life...it's not like I'm going to NOT take every single variable into account (no matter how miniscule they are). I think it's wrong to condemn someone for AT LEAST taking something into consideration that COULD possibly effect the rest of my life.

thanks though for the help :)

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:16 pm

massattack wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:ITT: People stress and debate what they would do should they get accepted to a school that have no real shot at outside a miracle.

I know it's a long long long shot. But hey, it's my life...it's not like I'm going to NOT take every single variable into account (no matter how miniscule they are). I think it's wrong to condemn someone for AT LEAST taking something into consideration that COULD possibly effect the rest of my life.

Not saying you shouldn't take every variable into account at all. I'm pointing out that the exercise you guys are engaging in is a bit ridiculous, that's it.

massattack

Postby massattack » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:18 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
massattack wrote:

Not saying you shouldn't take every variable into account at all. I'm pointing out that the exercise you guys are engaging in is a bit ridiculous, that's it.

Right... well if I should take it into consideration, why can't I speculate on those considerations?

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:22 pm

Because I cannot possibly envision a scenario where discussing this now would be more valuable than approaching it when you actually have these options at your disposable.

I see you're new, so I will point out that it is merely a bit of TLS etiquette to make topics and spur discussion when options are actually available. I'm sure you can imagine how much messier the boards would be if people were just throwing out what they should do IF they are accepted to the myriad of schools they applied to. If you go to the "chances" forum, you'll see responses very similar to mine when people ask for opinions with hypothetical LSAT scores. Like I said, just an etiquette thing.

massattack

Postby massattack » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:39 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:Because I cannot possibly envision a scenario where discussing this now would be more valuable than approaching it when you actually have these options at your disposable.

I see you're new, so I will point out that it is merely a bit of TLS etiquette to make topics and spur discussion when options are actually available. I'm sure you can imagine how much messier the boards would be if people were just throwing out what they should do IF they are accepted to the myriad of schools they applied to. If you go to the "chances" forum, you'll see responses very similar to mine when people ask for opinions with hypothetical LSAT scores. Like I said, just an etiquette thing.

yeah...like I said...it's a huge life decision.

I didn't think you were attacking me or anything, I just thought you could have been a little easier with your candor. Nobody says you HAVE to post your opinion on something (unless TLS has etiquette on that matter too).

drummerboy

Postby drummerboy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:47 pm

cat fight!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”