help me pick my school!!! notre dame vs smu/u of houston

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

ND, SMU, or U of H

ND
36%
SMU
4%
U of H
60%

Total votes: 25

ab5

help me pick my school!!! notre dame vs smu/u of houston

Postby ab5 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:39 am

I am wanting to practice in Texas...specifically Houston. Any recommendations between SMU and U of H? What if I throw ND into the mix? Tuition is not an issue.

Thanks!

Leira7905

Re: help me pick my school!!! notre dame vs smu/u of houston

Postby Leira7905 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:42 am

ab5 wrote:I am wanting to practice in Texas...specifically Houston. Any recommendations between SMU and U of H? What if I throw ND into the mix? Tuition is not an issue.

Thanks!

Without taking the time to see if you have a detailed profile, I'm assuming you live in Texas. If what you want is to practice in Houston, then Houston is the obvi choice in IMHO. (I live in Texas btw if it makes my opinion more valuable.)

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:37 pm

throw Notre Dame out of the mix unless you have strong Catholic ties to TX

PDaddy

Postby PDaddy » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:44 pm

My first thought was to treat N.D. like any other longstanding, prestigious, similarly ranked university and vote for N.D. I consider it to be more "national" and think your overall job prospects and flexibility will be much better. But on second thought, it is Texas, and if you simply want to be an oil-head (i.e., work in Texas) after law school, you should go there. Houston dominates its own market in a way that few other local/regional schools do.

ab5

Postby ab5 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:51 pm

PDaddy wrote:My first thought was to treat N.D. like any other longstanding, prestigious, similarly ranked university and vote for N.D. I consider it to be more "national" and think your overall job prospects and flexibility will be much better. But on second thought, it is Texas, and if you simply want to be an oil-head (i.e., work in Texas) after law school, you should go there. Houston dominates its own market in a way that few other local/regional schools do.

very helpful. thank you.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”