UMass vs. Davis vs. Irvine Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
rebelx13

New

UMass vs. Davis vs. Irvine

Post by rebelx13 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:25 pm

What do you guys think of the currently under-application (for accreditation) for UMass (Dartmouth)? Is it worth even applying to? How would you know where it would stand ranking-wise? On the level of its undergrad prestige?

How would it compare against Irvine or Davis? What about Hastings? Ahh!

ran12

Silver

Re: UMass vs. Davis vs. Irvine

Post by ran12 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:51 pm

rebelx13 wrote:What do you guys think of the currently under-application (for accreditation) for UMass (Dartmouth)? Is it worth even applying to? How would you know where it would stand ranking-wise? On the level of its undergrad prestige?

No point in applying to UMass. It's tough as is in that region. Also, kind of weird that you're interested in UMass when you listed 3 Cal schools.

mebo28

New

Post by mebo28 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:58 pm

rebelx13 wrote:What do you guys think of the currently under-application (for accreditation) for UMass (Dartmouth)? Is it worth even applying to? How would you know where it would stand ranking-wise? On the level of its undergrad prestige?

When UMass is accredited it will be a TTTT. Davis, Hastings, or Irvine should not even be in the same sentence as UMass. UMass (Dartmouth) is not what one would call a great school, especially nationally.

You only apply to UMass if you a. really want to go to law school and were not accepted anywhere else, b. well there really isn't another reason. And if it was the only law school you got into, hope your a mass. resident that has a full ride who will probably only get a bad PI job eventually - may be you could move up to government after 10 years.

drdolittle

Silver

Post by drdolittle » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:07 pm

rebelx13 wrote:UMass (Dartmouth)? Is it worth even applying to? How would you know where it would stand ranking-wise? On the level of its undergrad prestige?
You do realize UMass (Dartmouth) is not the same as Dartmouth College in NH, right? Latter's a small Ivy, never heard of the former.

rebelx13

New

Post by rebelx13 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:19 am

drdolittle wrote:
rebelx13 wrote:UMass (Dartmouth)? Is it worth even applying to? How would you know where it would stand ranking-wise? On the level of its undergrad prestige?
You do realize UMass (Dartmouth) is not the same as Dartmouth College in NH, right? Latter's a small Ivy, never heard of the former.
Please kill me now.

Thank you all for your responses. I did indeed get them confused with each other. I knew there was a reason they weren't playing up the "Dartmouth" name.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:32 am

It's cool, I was perplexed as well because I had never heard of it

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”