GULC ($210k debt) vs. BU ($85k debt)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

What should I do?

GULC with $210k of debt
18
22%
BU with $85k of debt
63
78%
 
Total votes: 81

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: GULC ($210k debt) vs. BU ($85k debt)

Postby Perch » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:00 pm

This poll is relevant to my interests...BU in a landslide?

Why is this a landslide and then the other GULC v. BC poll is so much closer? Money is comparable IMO.
Last edited by Perch on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bender18
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: GULC ($210k debt) vs. BU ($85k debt)

Postby bender18 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:41 am

Perch wrote:Is poll is relevant to my interests...BU in a landslide


+1

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18402
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: GULC ($210k debt) vs. BU ($85k debt)

Postby bk1 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:42 pm

Perch wrote:Why is this a landslide and then the other GULC v. BC poll is so much closer? Money is comparable IMO.


I agree they are comparable and BC should be winning that one in a landslide too.

I think the reason they are different has to do with the irrational side of people seeing 6 figure debt for BC in that poll versus 5 figure debt for BU in this poll and that having an influence on the votes.

User avatar
Blindmelon
Posts: 1708
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:13 am

Re: GULC ($210k debt) vs. BU ($85k debt)

Postby Blindmelon » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:01 pm

bk1 wrote:
Perch wrote:Why is this a landslide and then the other GULC v. BC poll is so much closer? Money is comparable IMO.


I agree they are comparable and BC should be winning that one in a landslide too.

I think the reason they are different has to do with the irrational side of people seeing 6 figure debt for BC in that poll versus 5 figure debt for BU in this poll and that having an influence on the votes.



This - the debt is a little less and I think people generally equate US News with how much they'd pay - which is terribly silly.

User avatar
Naked Dude
Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Re: GULC ($210k debt) vs. BU ($85k debt)

Postby Naked Dude » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:35 pm

Blindmelon wrote:
bk1 wrote:
Perch wrote:Why is this a landslide and then the other GULC v. BC poll is so much closer? Money is comparable IMO.


I agree they are comparable and BC should be winning that one in a landslide too.

I think the reason they are different has to do with the irrational side of people seeing 6 figure debt for BC in that poll versus 5 figure debt for BU in this poll and that having an influence on the votes.



This - the debt is a little less and I think people generally equate US News with how much they'd pay - which is terribly silly.


Will I be a hobo and die poor and alone if I go to BU?

User avatar
Naked Dude
Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Re: GULC ($210k debt) vs. BU ($85k debt)

Postby Naked Dude » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:44 pm

Just realized how awesome this offer is. I got 15k/yr and 10k housing stipend, and was thrilled. Now I am g lous. I might go for around 125-30k in debt. So yes...

FiveSermon
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Re: GULC ($210k debt) vs. BU ($85k debt)

Postby FiveSermon » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:47 pm

Naked Dude wrote:Just realized how awesome this offer is. I got 15k/yr and 10k housing stipend, and was thrilled. Now I am g lous. I might go for around 125-30k in debt. So yes...


I got 10k housing stipend + 25k/yr and I'm jealous also.

User avatar
bender18
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: GULC ($210k debt) vs. BU ($85k debt)

Postby bender18 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:45 pm

Just out of curiosity, how does BU notify people about whether or not they received a scholarship?

FutureInLaw
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Re: GULC ($210k debt) vs. BU ($85k debt)

Postby FutureInLaw » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:16 pm

bender18 wrote:Just out of curiosity, how does BU notify people about whether or not they received a scholarship?


In the mail. I got mine a week or two after being admitted.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, derekne and 2 guests