Mercer~UGA transfer Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
BarbellDreams

Gold

Re: Mercer~UGA transfer

Post by BarbellDreams » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:30 pm

csmith wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:
Sandro wrote:Well , I have about 130 friends who are 1Ls at Mercer who will not be able to transfer to UGA despite the fact 100% of them assumed they would finish in the top 25% and be able to because of how expensive Mercer is.

And you should definitely be speculating about finishing in the top 25% right now because you've obviously taken a law school exam....done an outline .... filed a brief .....gone to class
Dear God, TITCR OP, seriously. Attending anywhere with transferring intentions is just insane. I am a current law student and speak from experience when I say that grades are insanely arbitrary and there were many people in my section who I thought were so intelligent that they could teach the damn class that ended up below median. Do NOT, under ANY circumstance, go to a school from which you dont want to graduate from.
Agreed completely and totally about going anywhere you would not want a degree from. I work with a bunch of Mercer, UGA, and GSU grads. I know that Mercer is a great school for people who want to practice in state, but I heard it is difficult to find employment elsewhere.
Its really not a great school for practicing in state either. That market is really bad right now and you will be outplaced by mutliple in state schools and just about every other T30 who happens to want to enter that market.

patrickd139

Gold

Re: Mercer~UGA transfer

Post by patrickd139 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:28 pm

Motion to move this thread to the Transfer Forum, where, because OP is a 1L, it will be locked as a matter of course.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”