NYU (sticker) vs. GULC (30k/yr)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
spaceman82

NYU (sticker) vs. GULC (30k/yr)

Postby spaceman82 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:20 pm

Which would be better for someone interested in non-governmental PI law? My initial impression is that NYU would be the better choice considering its updated LRAP and the greater PI opportunities it would provide, but the money from GULC is also quite tempting and might take a lot of pressure off of me as a 1L. Thoughts?

Marionberry

Re: NYU (sticker) vs. GULC (30k/yr)

Postby Marionberry » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:27 pm

spaceman82 wrote:Which would be better for someone interested in non-governmental PI law? My initial impression is that NYU would be the better choice considering its updated LRAP and the greater PI opportunities it would provide, but the money from GULC is also quite tempting and might take a lot of pressure off of me as a 1L. Thoughts?

Both schools have great PI placement, though GULC's is certainly more heavily government focused from what I've seen. If you're positive you want PI and plan to rely on LRAP, NYU seems like a pretty good choice in this case.

spaceman82

Postby spaceman82 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:24 pm

That's what I'm thinking as well. It's hard to look past the money, however, especially with people talking so much about how risky law school can be these days.

nealric

Postby nealric » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:53 pm

You wouldn't be crazy to pick NYU, but even with the LRAP, I think there is a lot to be said about keeping the debt down. I am a GULC alum if you have any questions about the school.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”