Tennessee $$ vs. Retake

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
brentonk

Tennessee $$ vs. Retake

Postby brentonk » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:29 pm

Hey guys,

So my cycle did not quite go as I hoped...I really only got into my safety schools. I am a NC resident and would like to practice law in NC. I have some attorney connections in the state. Thus, I applied to both Wake Forest and UNC with 161/3.67 and got waitlisted at both. My best offer on the table for this cycle, however, is a 10k/year scholly at Tennessee with no stipulations. Since I really want to practice law in NC, do you think it would be a better idea to retake the LSAT and re-apply next year in hopes of getting into UNC or a scholly from Wake, or would you take the scholarship at Tennessee? Thanks.

mrwarre85

Re: Tennessee $$ vs. Retake

Postby mrwarre85 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:47 pm

brentonk wrote:Hey guys,

So my cycle did not quite go as I hoped...I really only got into my safety schools. I am a NC resident and would like to practice law in NC. I have some attorney connections in the state. Thus, I applied to both Wake Forest and UNC with 161/3.67 and got waitlisted at both. My best offer on the table for this cycle, however, is a 10k/year scholly at Tennessee with no stipulations. Since I really want to practice law in NC, do you think it would be a better idea to retake the LSAT and re-apply next year in hopes of getting into UNC or a scholly from Wake, or would you take the scholarship at Tennessee? Thanks.

One year isn't so long, then again I know you could go back to North Caroline from UTK. What would you do in your year off, considering you haven't planned anything? I would probably re-take and go to the school you want to go to. You only get one go around.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:28 pm

Visit WFU & let them know of your feelings.

ran12

Postby ran12 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:17 pm

I would take Tennessee. It's not that far from the NC border so naturally does relatively well there. Tennessee's administration is very helpful and seem to care a lot about the students. I really liked what I saw when I visited and being from the Northeast, Tennessee wasn't initially appealing to me. UNC is so overrated and its facilities suck. They're not very friendly either and the class sizes are not that great. Wake won't give you that much money unless you have high numbers for them.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”