Villanova ($$$) v. Syracuse ($$$)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
trayball23

Re: Villanova ($$$) v. Syracuse ($$$)

Postby trayball23 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:19 pm

My reasons for ruling out nova was more pc I got the same offer from PSU and I liked the school alot better.

alba0321

Postby alba0321 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:30 pm

trayball23 wrote:I was jw I am from upstate as well and was accepted with both with the same scholarships pm me if you want to discuss it further.

;-) PMed

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:31 pm

alba0321 wrote:
trayball23 wrote:I was jw I am from upstate as well and was accepted with both with the same scholarships pm me if you want to discuss it further.

;-) PMed

Success.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:38 pm

alba0321 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
BruceBarr wrote:Nobody wants to talk about why Villanova dropped so hard in the rankings? Nobody? Nobody wants to mention that the lied for years about salaries of graduates and what not? How they knowingly reported false information? Anyone?

http://abovethelaw.com/2011/02/villanov ... o-the-aba/

It won't make any difference in local hiring in the short-term (and probably won't make any difference in local hiring in the long-term as well).

It's fun to buy into hysterics, but old reputations die hard, especially in insular legal markets like Philadelphia.

/point at issue

When I attended the Drexel ASW, they gave me the impression that the Villanova 3Ls this year have dismal job prospects because of the admissions scandal, and that 2Ls were not getting as many summer associateships, etc.

However, when I discussed this with students and professors at Villanova, they said the scandal has had no effect on the current students.

Has anyone actually been turned down because of this?

You make it sound as if Drexel has no incentive to stretch the truth.

If you don't believe me, contact some of the current Villanova students on this board. They'll be happy to set the record straight.
Last edited by HeavenWood on Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trayball23

Postby trayball23 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:39 pm

didnt expect anything but classiness from a mets fan

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:40 pm

trayball23 wrote:didnt expect anything but classiness from a mets fan

IDK where youre from, but where I come from a winking face means success.

alba0321

Postby alba0321 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:45 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
alba0321 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
BruceBarr wrote:Nobody wants to talk about why Villanova dropped so hard in the rankings? Nobody? Nobody wants to mention that the lied for years about salaries of graduates and what not? How they knowingly reported false information? Anyone?

It won't make any difference in local hiring in the short-term (and probably won't make any difference in local hiring in the long-term as well).

It's fun to buy into hysterics, but old reputations die hard, especially in insular legal markets like Philadelphia.

/point at issue

When I attended the Drexel ASW, they gave me the impression that the Villanova 3Ls this year have dismal job prospects because of the admissions scandal, and that 2Ls were not getting as many summer associateships, etc.

However, when I discussed this with students and professors at Villanova, they said the scandal has had no effect on the current students.

You make it sound as if Drexel has no incentive to stretch the truth.

Drexel went above and beyond selling themselves. I felt like I was being coddled and recruited for a team. While I am impressed by their co-op program, I ultimately realized that the "dream" they were selling was too good to be true.

However, my point was I am sure that the truth lies somewhere in between the two pictures painted, and I would like to know if anyone has been negatively affected in any way.

langdonbadger

Postby langdonbadger » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:47 pm

alba0321 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

/point at issue

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's totally false. I've talked to a number of Villanova law students who are alums of my undergrad alma matter, and they're all raving about their current opportunities. Also, where is Drexel?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”