Michigan ($$) v NYU v Duke ($$) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which school?

Michigan ($$)
68%
NYU (sticker)
5%
Duke ($$)
26%

Total votes: 19

buddytheelf

New

Michigan ($$) v NYU v Duke ($$)

Post by buddytheelf » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:50 pm

Hi everyone, I'm getting really stressed about this decision and I'd really appreciate any insight you guys have. I've narrowed it down to these three schools, but I realize it's still not that narrowed...

I'm an engineer with a couple years work experience and I'm pretty sure I want to do IP law (patent), but I'm open to other things. I really liked how the professors at Duke and Michigan will go to bat for their students. Between those two, I prefer the students at Michigan by far, and the professors at Duke slightly. In particular, I loved the collegiality at Michigan (cliche, but whatever). I really liked NYU's students and faculty (and large IP focus), and I loved the location- although I could definitely see myself getting distracted. I feel like Duke and NYU have a significantly more active student body starting 1L year (although that may be because Michigan students take more 1L classes). I'd like to get involved, but I don't want to get lost in the mix. Weather's not a huge deal for me. Money is definitely a factor- I'd prefer to minimize debt.

Thoughts?

prezidentv8

Gold

Re: Michigan ($$) v Duke ($$) v NYU (sticker)

Post by prezidentv8 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:51 pm

buddytheelf wrote:Money is definitely a factor- I'd prefer to minimize debt.

Thoughts?
I would not pick NYU.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”