Lewis and Clark vs. San Diego

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Lewis and Clark or University of San Diego?

Lewis and Clark
88%
San Diego
13%

Total votes: 8

JayWilTheBoat

Lewis and Clark vs. San Diego

Postby JayWilTheBoat » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:56 pm

I live in Portland and have pretty solid connections here.

Assume that tuition is the same, but that I will be able to live with a family member in SD virtually for free.

lee4

Re: Lewis and Clark vs. San Diego

Postby lee4 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:52 pm

do you have preference over location? i would think if you want to stay in the NW, then LC is for you, if you want so cal, then USD. cost is similar, both are number one in their respective cities, but secondary in their regions.

JayWilTheBoat

Postby JayWilTheBoat » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:21 pm

Yeah you have a point. Yet while they are both the best law school in their cities, Lewis and Clark is 2nd only to UW in the entire NW and the other 2 law schools in Oregon are sub par in the context of the Portland market. The Portland market is dominated by LC grads, not UW grads, not UO grads… Can that be said about San Diego as well? My concern is that with so many law schools in California that are better, UCLA, USC, UC Berkeley, Davis, Hastings, Stanford, plus schools like Pepperdine that are similar, do they actually have claims over the city or do grads from all of those better schools poor into their very desirable market? My fear is that getting a degree from USD, I still wouldn't be able to compete with grads from better schools.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:29 pm

There is a breakdown by city of what schools grads come from (with percentages). I think it's somewhere on the CA Bar's website but I can't find it right now.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”