UVA ($$) vs NYU

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
miz11

UVA ($$) vs NYU

Postby miz11 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:10 pm

I am completely torn. I have half tuition at UVA and nothing at NYU. I want to study international human rights and both schools have great opportunities in this area. I was pretty set on NYU until I visited UVA's Admitted Students Open House and completely fell in love. What are some of your thoughts? Your own personal reasons for choosing one school over the other? Thanks for any thoughts/advice!

birdlaw117

Re: UVA ($$) vs NYU

Postby birdlaw117 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:17 pm

miz11 wrote:I am completely torn. I have half tuition at UVA and nothing at NYU. I want to study international human rights and both schools have great opportunities in this area. I was pretty set on NYU until I visited UVA's Admitted Students Open House and completely fell in love. What are some of your thoughts? Your own personal reasons for choosing one school over the other? Thanks for any thoughts/advice!

That's a lot of money at UVA to pass up. Have you visited NYU? If not, I would recommend doing so and then see what you feel like. If you really feel like the opportunities at the two schools are similar and you think you would enjoy the two similarly, that $$ is tough to pass up.

showNprove

Re: UVA ($$) vs NYU

Postby showNprove » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:51 pm

The school you fell in love with is tens of thousands of dollars cheaper to attend and places just as well, if not better, everywhere but NYC. Unless you're dead set on working in NYC after school, this should be an easy choice: UVA.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”