California LS

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Jparrin2

California LS

Postby Jparrin2 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:56 pm

Just wanted to get some input on law schools in California and job prospects post-grad.

I'm into Loyola, Santa Clara, USF, and Pepperdine with money. Waitlisted at USD and Irvine. Still waiting from USC (not likely) and UC hastings.

Which are the best for future employment in Cali? I would prefer to live/work in LA but SF bay area is also ok. I'm interested in sports and international law.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

dpk711

Re: California LS

Postby dpk711 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:03 am

Jparrin2 wrote:Just wanted to get some input on law schools in California and job prospects post-grad.

I'm into Loyola, Santa Clara, USF, and Pepperdine with money. Waitlisted at USD and Irvine. Still waiting from USC (not likely) and UC hastings.

Which are the best for future employment in Cali? I would prefer to live/work in LA but SF bay area is also ok. I'm interested in sports and international law.

For CA, if USC rejects you Hastings would be the best bet. I wouldn't go to any of the other schools without considerable $$$.

Postby 071816 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:18 am

dpk711 wrote:
Jparrin2 wrote:Just wanted to get some input on law schools in California and job prospects post-grad.

For CA, if USC rejects you Hastings would be the best bet. I wouldn't go to any of the other schools without considerable $$$.

I am still not convinced that Hastings is considerably better for the bay area than Loyola is for LA (especially given the extra $ at Loyola).

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:35 am

chimp wrote:
dpk711 wrote:

I am still not convinced that Hastings is considerably better for the bay area than Loyola is for LA (especially given the extra $ at Loyola).

depends on how much money and if any stips.

swilson215

Postby swilson215 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:40 am

For the LA area, if you're out of UCLA and USC, I would say Loyola and/or Pepperdine (although Loyola is better, it just depends on $). Southwestern has a good entertainment law program, but their employment/bar passage #s aren't as good as either of the other schools.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”