Decision Time Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which option?

Loyola-Chi (received 21k/year, lenient stipulations)
10%
DePaul (received 25k/year, not as lenient stips)
No votes
Chicago-Kent (18k/year)
5%
Michigan State (full ride)
25%
St. John's (full)
No votes
Brooklyn (20,400/year, but tuition is 8k higher than Loyola)
10%
Figure out something else to do with my life
50%

Total votes: 20

AlphaIncipiens

New

Decision Time

Post by AlphaIncipiens » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:11 pm

Still waiting to hear back from a few schools. Here's the deal. I had all but decided on Loyola-Chicago, but am quite weary of getting shoved into a doc review job after graduating. Ideally, I want to live in Chicago at this point in my life. I have a few other options though. I'm still not sold on law school completely, and "retake" is not a option for me, because I want to be doing something now. What would you do?

Thanks!

src42

Bronze

Re: Decision Time

Post by src42 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:14 pm

Since you aren't completely sold on law, take some time off, work, and try to figure out if you really want to do law. Then retake and go to Northwestern. :D

AlphaIncipiens

New

Post by AlphaIncipiens » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:15 pm

Already took too much time off. :P

anthropologieaddict

Bronze

Post by anthropologieaddict » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:15 pm

AlphaIncipiens wrote:Still waiting to hear back from a few schools. Here's the deal. I had all but decided on Loyola-Chicago, but am quite weary of getting shoved into a doc review job after graduating. Ideally, I want to live in Chicago at this point in my life. I have a few other options though. I'm still not sold on law school completely, and "retake" is not a option for me, because I want to be doing something now. What would you do?

Thanks!

Chicago is a failing and competitive market with 2 much superior schools located in it, one superior located just a couple hours away, plus all the top 14 graduates that decide to come to Chicago. If you don't want doc review and you aren't "completely sold" on law school please find something else to do with your life. Just be happy you have other options! Just my two cents. Good luck making the decision!

AlphaIncipiens

New

Post by AlphaIncipiens » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:41 pm

Eesh...someone should pick Loyola, make me feel okay about it. :P

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”