Did I make the right choice... Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
boom_cs

Bronze

Did I make the right choice...

Post by boom_cs » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:51 am

I am from NC, went to UG at UNC and I only applied late (early Feb)to Wake Forest and UNC.

I know that I want to practice in NC so I only applied to those 2 schools and now am having some doubts that I made the right decision.

I have been accepted to WF but am waiting on scholarships. I may be paying sticker with some help from my family.

UNC is my first choice but I am still waiting.

Here is my question. Should I stick with this cycle or reapply/ maybe retake and apply earlier next cycle?

skw

Bronze

Re: Did I make the right choice...

Post by skw » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:56 am

This is just my opinion, but you have a solid LSAT, and I suspect you will get accepted at UNC (unless your GPA is really low -- I didn't see it listed). They just take a long time to get all the acceptances out. When I toured, one of my guides told me she wasn't accepted until the first week in April and she said many other students in her class had the same experience.

If you are certain you want to practice in NC, Wake and UNC are both excellent choices. I also think that given your LSAT, sitting out a whole year to raise it a few points isn't necessary. Try to hang in there. You should hear from UNC soon. Wake is a great school too. I don't think you made a mistake and I also think you have an excellent chance at having your pick between the two.

snapdragon

Silver

Re: Did I make the right choice...

Post by snapdragon » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:01 am

Honestly, if you can, I'd sit out and apply earlier. I'm not sure of your GPA, but as long as it's decent, a 165 should get you some scholarship from Wake if you apply early enough.

If you get into UNC in-state, though, I'd take that and go this cycle.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”