UW-Madison vs. Wake Forest~Help!

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Rmdxthx

UW-Madison vs. Wake Forest~Help!

Postby Rmdxthx » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:50 am

UW-Madison vs. Wake Forest!
My primary concern is the reputation. Which one is more famous?

tourdeforcex

Re: UW-Madison vs. Wake Forest~Help!

Postby tourdeforcex » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:08 am

more famous nationally?

i'm under the impression they are both in the bucket of "regional" schools where the majority of graduates practice in their state or general area.

theavrock

Postby theavrock » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:13 am

Gotta be a flame. Who gives a shit about which one is more famous?

Stonewall

Postby Stonewall » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:18 am

"who is more famous" great way to gauge which school to go to for sure

Aberzombie1892

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:47 am

Ignoring the stupid question,

I would go with UW-Madison. Best school instate, cheap 2L/3L instate tuition, and no bar exam.

EDIT: Because of the difficulty to get instate tuition at UW, go to whichever is cheaper.
Last edited by Aberzombie1892 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rmdxthx

Postby Rmdxthx » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:06 pm

Aha~
So this is a stupid question, then why are people crazy about the so-called t-t-to-o-p 14?
I think the same question will probably become a "meaningful" and "great' one if I ask you to compare the reputation of Yale and Harvard. But considering here I am asking advices on the little and unknown schools of UW-Madison and Wake Forest, it's just stupid~
You people amused me^^

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:15 pm

if ur asking which school is better known in the public sphere, I'd say WFU, because they do a lot of research at their UG, and it's ranked 25 in the nation as far as UG's go. I've never heard the other school come up in casual conversation or on TV, but this is just my personal experience.

Still, asking which school is more famous makes you sound sort of shallow and uninformed, because it's just an unrefined way to ask the question...
HTH

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:52 pm

girlonfire wrote:if ur asking which school is better known in the public sphere, I'd say WFU, because they do a lot of research at their UG, and it's ranked 25 in the nation as far as UG's go. I've never heard the other school come up in casual conversation or on TV, but this is just my personal experience.

Still, asking which school is more famous makes you sound sort of shallow and uninformed, because it's just an unrefined way to ask the question...
HTH

You don't watch much football I guess.

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:56 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
girlonfire wrote:if ur asking which school is better known in the public sphere, I'd say WFU, because they do a lot of research at their UG, and it's ranked 25 in the nation as far as UG's go. I've never heard the other school come up in casual conversation or on TV, but this is just my personal experience.

HTH

not college, no. :?

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:57 pm

girlonfire wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:

HTH

not college, no. :?

Well, Wisconsin was in the Rose Bowl this year...that's kind of a big deal.

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:01 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:Well, Wisconsin was in the Rose Bowl this year...that's kind of a big deal.

/shrug

i stand by my original post :lol:

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:23 pm

girlonfire wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:Well, Wisconsin was in the Rose Bowl this year...that's kind of a big deal.

/shrug

Even without athletics, I would say UW Madison is more well known than Wake Forest in many areas of the country. Here in Indiana, few people have really heard of Wake Forest, and if they have they don't necessarily think of it as an 'elite' undergrad.

JollyGreenGiant

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:27 pm

Rmdxthx wrote:UW-Madison vs. Wake Forest!

Your primary concern should be where do you want to work.

I'm biased, but I think Madison would be a much better choice.

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:36 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
girlonfire wrote:

/shrug

Even without athletics, I would say UW Madison is more well known than Wake Forest in many areas of the country. Here in Indiana, few people have really heard of Wake Forest, and if they have they don't necessarily think of it as an 'elite' undergrad.

i agree that this could be very regional, as I've grown up exclusively in the mid & north atlantic regions.
I'm also biased because I considered WFU for undergrad, so I knew of the school in that way.

columbia86

Postby columbia86 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:56 pm

Can UW-Madison law students qualify for in-state tuition their second and third years if they applied as OOS?

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:04 am

columbia86 wrote:Can UW-Madison law students qualify for in-state tuition their second and third years if they applied as OOS?

From my scholarship email from UW-Madison, it doesn't seem so. They say that my scholarship will adjust annually with rise in tuition but says nothing about the chance to apply for in-state tuition

ETA: Also, OP, it's dumb just to consider who is more famous. You need to pick one that will aid you in getting to your target market, will be a good financial investment, where you have a reasonable plan for dealing with whatever debt you incur, and that is in a city that you will be happy living in for 3 years.

theavrock

Postby theavrock » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:03 am

columbia86 wrote:Can UW-Madison law students qualify for in-state tuition their second and third years if they applied as OOS?

Next to impossible. WI is one of the harder states to get in state tuition.

runnergal

Postby runnergal » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:18 am

The weather in North Carolina is much better than Madison, if that's important to you.

theavrock

Postby theavrock » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:38 am

runnergal wrote:The weather in North Carolina is much better than Madison, if that's important to you.

actually probably better reason than what was given in the OP to choose a school.

EstboundNDwn

Postby EstboundNDwn » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:06 pm

Rmdxthx wrote:UW-Madison vs. Wake Forest!

You should go to Wake Forrest, because I'm trying to get off UW's waitlist! :wink:

Return to “Choosing a Law School”