WUSTL(75k) vs. Illinois(90k) vs. Cornell Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
alumniguy

Bronze

Re: WUSTL(75k) vs. Illinois(90k) vs. Cornell

Post by alumniguy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:36 pm

romothesavior wrote:I'm saying that up until a few years ago, we weren't anywhere near the top 25 in NLJ placement. Yes, we still lag our USNWR rankings, and I think USNWR rankings are pretty useless. I just think that totally aside from USNWR, WUSTL has gotten better over the last decade or two (ask any WUSTL alum from the 80s or 90s and they'll agree), and I think some of the things our CSO is doing now will benefit students in the future. But these improvements are slow and incremental, so I don't think students should rely on them solely in making a decision.
Interesting. I have no real familiarity with WUSTL, so I'll take you at your word. Do WUSTL people think they can get to the UCLA/Vandy/Texas mini-tier? Or just continually be at the top of the 18-30 crowd?

I would think WUSTL is about as high up as it is going to get, especially in light of biglaw placement statistics.

romothesavior

Diamond

Re: WUSTL(75k) vs. Illinois(90k) vs. Cornell

Post by romothesavior » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:41 pm

alumniguy wrote:Interesting. I have no real familiarity with WUSTL, so I'll take you at your word. Do WUSTL people think they can get to the UCLA/Vandy/Texas mini-tier? Or just continually be at the top of the 18-30 crowd?

I would think WUSTL is about as high up as it is going to get, especially in light of biglaw placement statistics.
I really dunno. The school certainly believes they can, but whether or not they will is another question. I think that if and when we move out of ITE hiring, we'll start to find out for sure (especially if Chicago recovers, since that's where we primarily send people into biglaw). I'd be happy if we could just get to GW/BU/BC type of hiring, because there is no doubt that they are better for biglaw placement.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”