GWU vs UGA

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

UGA vs GWU

UGA at $80,000
64%
GWU at $140,000
36%

Total votes: 11

leapincamelleopard

GWU vs UGA

Postby leapincamelleopard » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:27 pm

Like everyone else, I believe my situation is unique and while I looked at other post where people had similar questions to mine, I still want my own "which should I choose thread."

So here are the facts:
I don't mind where I go or what I do. To be more specific, I want to move away from where I am (Southern California) and I do not care to ever come back (except to visit, who doesn't like a nice holiday in the sun?). I would love to work in Government or in :cough: Animal/Environmental law but I figure my mind will be completely blown during 1L and I will change my mind so that isn't playing that much of a role in my decision. I really like boring and repetitious acts such as spending hours looking up stuff for people who are far to important to do it themselves and I think that will come in handy no matter where I end up. The most important thing to me is finding a comfortable job where I can work hard and feel secure and being able to have/support 2 children within the next 10-15 years.

With scholarships and COL taken into account I have estimated that:
Georgia will end up costing me $80,000ish
George Washington will end up costing me $140,000ish
These estimates to include the COL for summers but don't include any money I might make during that time.

gwuorbust

Re: GWU vs UGA

Postby gwuorbust » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:31 pm

you want to work in government, with a solid secure job?

GWU is TCR

140k in debt isn't terrible + loan forgiveness after 10 years if you work in the public sector.

Stonewall

Postby Stonewall » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:37 pm

gwuorbust wrote:you want to work in government, with a solid secure job?

GWU is TCR

140k in debt isn't terrible + loan forgiveness after 10 years if you work in the public sector.

double the price though what a really tough call

bk1

Postby bk1 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:41 pm

You want gov? Go GW.

$140k would be rough to repay within 10 years, but possible assuming some raises and putting the vast majority of your spare income towards loan payments. GW's LRAP is atrocious though so expect that you will have to pay back that $140k through your salary.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”