10k to Temple v. 30k to Villanova

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
t566

10k to Temple v. 30k to Villanova

Postby t566 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:33 pm

I recieved a 10k per year scholarship to Temple (in-state) and a 30K per year scholarship to Villanova, making each school almosr exactly the same price (7k per year). I want to stay in Philly and I know the alumni networks are equally strong in the city. BI went to Temple undergrad, I would really rather go to Nova for a change of pace and not to have 2 Temple degrees on my resume, but with the recent scandal about Nova's admission numbers, I'm worried that this might be the wrong choice. I think that Nova has dealth with the scandal in the best way possible and I'm hoping that, because it has such a strong alumni network in Philly, my job prospects in three years would be unaffected. Any advice?

stayway

Re: 10k to Temple v. 30k to Villanova

Postby stayway » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:37 pm

t566 wrote:I recieved a 10k per year scholarship to Temple (in-state) and a 30K per year scholarship to Villanova, making each school almosr exactly the same price (7k per year). I want to stay in Philly and I know the alumni networks are equally strong in the city. BI went to Temple undergrad, I would really rather go to Nova for a change of pace and not to have 2 Temple degrees on my resume, but with the recent scandal about Nova's admission numbers, I'm worried that this might be the wrong choice. I think that Nova has dealth with the scandal in the best way possible and I'm hoping that, because it has such a strong alumni network in Philly, my job prospects in three years would be unaffected. Any advice?

Temple.

Danteshek

Postby Danteshek » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:55 pm

Temple.

phillaw

Postby phillaw » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:05 pm

generally temple and villanova offer the same opportunities for their graduates. though i think the nova alumni network is stronger in the suburbs and the temple network is stronger in the city. i don't think the scandal will hurt employment prospects, but i do think it will hurt word of mouth reputation. do you mind that? but i think it really comes down to the type of campus you want to be on and where you want to live and work. live in the suburbs? or live in center city?

t566

Postby t566 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:06 pm

nooyyllib wrote:
t566 wrote:I recieved a 10k per year scholarship to Temple (in-state) and a 30K per year scholarship to Villanova, making each school almosr exactly the same price (7k per year). I want to stay in Philly and I know the alumni networks are equally strong in the city. BI went to Temple undergrad, I would really rather go to Nova for a change of pace and not to have 2 Temple degrees on my resume, but with the recent scandal about Nova's admission numbers, I'm worried that this might be the wrong choice. I think that Nova has dealth with the scandal in the best way possible and I'm hoping that, because it has such a strong alumni network in Philly, my job prospects in three years would be unaffected. Any advice?

Temple.

Can you elaborate? From your other recent posts I see that you are a 1L at Nova and just got a biglaw gig. You would still say Temple though?

stayway

Postby stayway » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:13 pm

t566 wrote:
nooyyllib wrote:

Temple.

Can you elaborate? From your other recent posts I see that you are a 1L at Nova and just got a biglaw gig. You would still say Temple though?

PM'd

2things2

Postby 2things2 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:33 pm

...Temple.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:43 pm

Since both will cost you about $7,000 per year, Temple is the safer choice, in my opinion.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”