Please give me an overview of North East T3/T4 schools

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
johnnysweet

Re: Please give me an overview of North East T3/T4 schools

Postby johnnysweet » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:52 am

framboozer wrote:
johnnysweet wrote:
Fred_McGriff wrote:TTT or TTTT might not be a bad idea in a big isolated state where they dominate the legal market, but it's almost always going to be a terrible idea in a major urban area with lots of competition. The Boston to DC corridor is the most population dense and competitive area in the US with dozens upon dozens of schools in the first and second tier. You certainly can succeed out of a TTT or TTTT but the odds of you doing so are a lot lower in that region than almost anywhere else in the US. If you're going to a TTT or TTTT, keep it someplace like Mississippi, South Carolina, Montana, Idaho, the Dakotas, or someplace else with big time local name recognition / community ties and small time outside competition.[/quote)

What about the fact that it is the only school in harrisburg, or even within a 2hr drive.
I mean it is the capital of one of the nations most populated states

But it's most definitely not the only school within a 2 hour drive of Harrisburg. I live outside of Northeast Philly and go to undergrad at Penn State University Park and both of Penn State's law school campuses (University Park and Carlisle) are within 2 hours of Harrisburg. Plus Philadelphia and all of its schools are also within 2 hours of Harrisburg.

Its the only school within capitol city limits though, which must be beneficial

johnnysweet

Postby johnnysweet » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:12 pm

Just got an email offering a full ride at atlanta john marshal
Any thoughts??

Oh wait... it was only 8k nevermind
Last edited by johnnysweet on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rule11

Postby Rule11 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:20 pm

johnnysweet wrote:Just got an email offering a full ride at atlanta john marshal
Any thoughts??

Yeah. Check the box next to the email, and then click "report spam."

seriously????

Postby seriously???? » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:34 pm

dude, you are now at the point where any added input is not necessary. you come from a much different background than the standard TLS biglawbust top rank user. like you previously said, you feel that in the long run being a lawyer is more lucrative than being in construction, and if you decide to go to LS, there are not other options outside those two. If these schools are accepting you now, you could probably get into more schools and receive more scholarships if your lsat was higher. If you are committed and feel that your LSAT can go up significantly higher, than it may be in your best financial interest to wait another year to apply. But this time around, get the applications in much earlier.
And still, if you are destined to go to law school now, weigh the finances involved with the community the LS is in, and make your choice. Good luck.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”