Is STCL Worth It with 1/2 Tuition and no COL loans?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
upfish

Is STCL Worth It with 1/2 Tuition and no COL loans?

Postby upfish » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:39 pm

I'm already living in Houston and have an SO who can support me through school. I've got a $12,400 scholarship. I have a couple of public interest connections.

My other acceptances are to Seattle U with a $19k scholly and to CU-Boulder with $12/4/4.

I'd really prefer to go to CU but the SO is understandably uninterested in quitting his job that he makes serious bank at AND having to transfer his college credits elsewhere to finish his degree. I'm also skittish about how small Denver is, and losing my network and friends.

Thoughts? =/

bk1

Re: Is STCL Worth It with 1/2 Tuition and no COL loans?

Postby bk1 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:02 pm

Are these PI connections strong enough to pull you a job no matter your grades? Do you want PI?

It seems like you want to end up in Colorado and your SO wants to stay in Texas. You should probably figure that out.

upfish

Postby upfish » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:06 pm

bk1 wrote:Are these PI connections strong enough to pull you a job no matter your grades? Do you want PI?

It seems like you want to end up in Colorado and your SO wants to stay in Texas. You should probably figure that out.

I do want PI. Neither of us wants to be in Texas per se, but we are not in love with CO. Moving is tricky when you're not fresh out of UG, you know? (I'm 25; he's 28.)

The connections are also 75% solid, as of now. To be more solidified if I stay and take a position on the board of this particular charity.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:11 pm

Where do you guys want to be exactly?

upfish

Postby upfish » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:19 pm

bk1 wrote:Where do you guys want to be exactly?

Seattle is our top choice. I was WL'd at UW, though, and given the legal market there, I'm not willing to attend SU even on scholarship.

We would also settle for San Francisco. Really, any large blue-state city that's in a more favorable climate, probably.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”