Should I just withdraw?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
dabbadon8
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 am

Should I just withdraw?

Postby dabbadon8 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:35 am

I think I already know the answer to this, I just want confirmation...

I got a grade request from NYU recently, my gpa went down like .03 I think. I am already in at umich w/$ and would be happy to go there. I am thinking of withdrawing in order not to waste anymore money on this process and getting closure after 7 months of waiting. Am I stupid for passing up the chance to get in? Or should I just take what I have and realize that with my gpa drop nothing will come of it anyways? I would definitely consider NYU but I would most likely take Mich anyways. I know I should probably withdraw, I am just torn because I don't know if it be smart to do since it would potentially be my only t6(whatever that means) option.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Should I just withdraw?

Postby Knock » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:36 am

dabbadon8 wrote:I think I already know the answer to this, I just want confirmation...

I got a grade request from NYU recently, my gpa went down like .03 I think. I am already in at umich w/$ and would be happy to go there. I am thinking of withdrawing in order not to waste anymore money on this process and getting closure after 7 months of waiting. Am I stupid for passing up the chance to get in? Or should I just take what I have and realize that with my gpa drop nothing will come of it anyways? I would definitely consider NYU but I would most likely take Mich anyways. I know I should probably withdraw, I am just torn because I don't know if it be smart to do since it would potentially be my only t6(whatever that means) option.


Why not just send in your new grades and see what happens with NYU? Who knows how it will play out. Maybe you will even get some money you could use to leverage Michigan if you want to attend there.

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7959
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Should I just withdraw?

Postby Pleasye » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:37 am

Knock wrote:Why not just send in your new grades and see what happens with NYU? Who knows how it will play out. Maybe you will even get some money you could use to leverage Michigan if you want to attend there.

This.

emmbar53
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: Should I just withdraw?

Postby emmbar53 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:16 am

Knock wrote:
dabbadon8 wrote:I think I already know the answer to this, I just want confirmation...

I got a grade request from NYU recently, my gpa went down like .03 I think. I am already in at umich w/$ and would be happy to go there. I am thinking of withdrawing in order not to waste anymore money on this process and getting closure after 7 months of waiting. Am I stupid for passing up the chance to get in? Or should I just take what I have and realize that with my gpa drop nothing will come of it anyways? I would definitely consider NYU but I would most likely take Mich anyways. I know I should probably withdraw, I am just torn because I don't know if it be smart to do since it would potentially be my only t6(whatever that means) option.


Why not just send in your new grades and see what happens with NYU? Who knows how it will play out. Maybe you will even get some money you could use to leverage Michigan if you want to attend there.


Agreed (even though UMich tends to be tough to leverage). If it doesn't work, then I am likely to see you next year, dabbadon!




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest