(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
bloobook

Postby bloobook » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:26 am

Last edited by bloobook on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RockyIII

Re: 60k (III) or 27k (IV)

Postby RockyIII » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:11 am

Retake the LSAT and reapply next year.

If you do decide to go to one of these schools you do not have a very good chance of getting a decent job in the legal field, and you have approximately 0 chance of ever leaving their regions.

Attorney

Postby Attorney » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:21 pm

bloobook wrote:I'd rather practice in the pacific NW

Gonzaga by a mile if you do attend law school this year. The lowest ranked Texas schools will leave you jobless, and moreover they will leave you jobless in the middle of Texas.

bearsfan1

Postby bearsfan1 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:59 am

RockyIII wrote:Retake the LSAT and reapply next year.

If you do decide to go to one of these schools you do not have a very good chance of getting a decent job in the legal field, and you have approximately 0 chance of ever leaving their regions.

Every thread I see you telling people to "Retake and Reapply". How do you know that this person has a 0 chance of ever leaving their regions? At the law firm that I currently work at, I can tell you that there are a number of lawyers from random TTT or TTTT schools. In fact, I know we hired somebody who actually went to school at Gonzaga (and no, the firm is noone near the Pacific NW). I can also guarantee that the Gonzaga alum did not have any connections to our law firm or the city in which it is located; rather they attended law school, kept above median, nailed the interview, and most importantly: applied for the job.

To the OP: If you want to go to Gonzaga, then go to Gonzaga. While getting a degree from Gonzaga will probably limit you to the
Pacific NW, you are not going to be limited to the region forever. In my opinion, you need not "retake and reapply", but rather focus on excelling when you figure out what law school is right for you.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”