Is anyone else Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
StacyStrong

New

Is anyone else

Post by StacyStrong » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:09 pm

moving back in with their parents to attend Law School? :(

After not living at home for 4 years, I'm kind of dreading it, but it'll bring my debt down under 100k and that's worth it...right?

right?
RIGHT?????

esq

Silver

Re: Is anyone else

Post by esq » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:12 pm

Just as long as you think that you can function as a law student if you move back in, I don't see why not. You will probably be living in the library most of the time anyway, so...

ran12

Silver

Post by ran12 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:14 pm

StacyStrong wrote:moving back in with their parents to attend Law School? :(

After not living at home for 4 years, I'm kind of dreading it, but it'll bring my debt down under 100k and that's worth it...right?

right?
RIGHT?????
Financially it's worth it. I personally plan on living with my parents after law school for a couple years to get a good financial footing. It really depends though on how your parents are. If they give you enough space and treat you like an adult it's a good idea. Also, if they're not a distraction it's an added bonus.

StacyStrong

New

Post by StacyStrong » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:19 pm

My parents don't really care what I do, honestly and they are rarely home. But, I just know that if I'm there they will be asking me to do their laundry, etc etc which I guess I really can't complain about but c'mon man. I HATE LAUNDRY.

Good thing though is, I convinced them to let me move into our basement (which we used to rent out, so it's like a crappy apartment in itself) so I'll have a bit more space. And I suppose free food, cable, rent, etc is pretty worth it.

If it doesn't work out I can always move during the semester I guess...

MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:21 pm

I lived at home for undergrad, and the first 3 years were fine. But during my senior year (I had just turned 21 before the school year started) it was a hassle. I was going out a lot more (combination of not caring as much/was finally 21 and able to get into more places) and was constantly being questioned. I knew that I would not be treated like an adult living home during law school. It would have been nice to be able to live at home (would have saved 45K or so), but I don't think I could stomach being constantly questioned about my whereabouts.

That, and girls in their early to mid 20s don't like the idea of banging in your parents house :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Leira7905

Bronze

Post by Leira7905 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:22 pm

If I was 10 years younger (and not a mother myself) I'd probably consider moving in with my mom for law school. As long as your parents aren't going to cramp your style too much, and respect the fact that you're an adult, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Try it for a while, and if it doesn't work, try "plan B" and find a roommate or two or three to help keep COL down.

StacyStrong

New

Post by StacyStrong » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:24 pm

Hahaha, I'm glad my parents don't really care where I am, ever.

I think I might only do it for the first year, then move out for good.

Unsure though. I guess I'll see how it goes.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:43 pm

StacyStrong wrote:Hahaha, I'm glad my parents don't really care where I am, ever.

I think I might only do it for the first year, then move out for good.

Unsure though. I guess I'll see how it goes.
I think TITCR for you, but only for you. I have overbearing parents and would likely kill them.
Try passing the Bar with that on your record

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”