Iowa (full) v UIUC (30k / yr) v WUSTL (20k / yr)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Iowa (full) vs UIUC (30k) vs WUSTL (20K)

Iowa (full)
7
27%
UIUC (30k / yr)
18
69%
WUSTL (20k / yr)
1
4%
 
Total votes: 26

purplebulldogs
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:05 am

Iowa (full) v UIUC (30k / yr) v WUSTL (20k / yr)

Postby purplebulldogs » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:07 pm

I would really like to end up in Chicago, but would settle for St Louis. I'm dead set on doing tax law and will most likely pursue a tax LLM after JD. No preference on firm size, and am actually somewhat interested in working for the IRS.

appreciate your input!
Last edited by purplebulldogs on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
FuManChusco
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: Iowa (full) v UIUC (30k) v WUSTL (20k)

Postby FuManChusco » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:08 pm

I would go to UIUC. you want chicago and they're giving you a lot of money. (I presume that's 30k/yr)

purplebulldogs
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Iowa (full) v UIUC (30k) v WUSTL (20k)

Postby purplebulldogs » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:26 pm

FuManChusco wrote:I would go to UIUC. you want chicago and they're giving you a lot of money. (I presume that's 30k/yr)


thanks for the input. you are correct, those are per-year amounts (changed it).

hawkeye22
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: Iowa (full) v UIUC (30k / yr) v WUSTL (20k / yr)

Postby hawkeye22 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:30 pm

Case for Illinois is strengthened if there are no stips on the Illinois scholly. I assume the Iowa one carries a top 1/3rd requirement.

GrapeApe
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:12 am

Re: Iowa (full) v UIUC (30k / yr) v WUSTL (20k / yr)

Postby GrapeApe » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:32 pm

Iowa... debt free is the way to go.

User avatar
FuManChusco
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: Iowa (full) v UIUC (30k / yr) v WUSTL (20k / yr)

Postby FuManChusco » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:35 pm

GrapeApe wrote:Iowa... debt free is the way to go.


not if you want chicago and a firm to pay for your tax llm.

purplebulldogs
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Iowa (full) v UIUC (30k / yr) v WUSTL (20k / yr)

Postby purplebulldogs » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:40 pm

hawkeye22 wrote:Case for Illinois is strengthened if there are no stips on the Illinois scholly. I assume the Iowa one carries a top 1/3rd requirement.


You are correct. Iowa has a top 1/3rd. Correction: Illinois scholarships are guaranteed.

I am not aware of any stipulations on Wash U's scholarships, but that doesn't seem to be an issue, based on the poll results so far...

hawkeye22
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: Iowa (full) v UIUC (30k / yr) v WUSTL (20k / yr)

Postby hawkeye22 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:00 pm

purplebulldogs wrote:
hawkeye22 wrote:Case for Illinois is strengthened if there are no stips on the Illinois scholly. I assume the Iowa one carries a top 1/3rd requirement.


You are correct. Iowa has a top 1/3rd. Correction: Illinois scholarships are guaranteed.

I am not aware of any stipulations on Wash U's scholarships, but that doesn't seem to be an issue, based on the poll results so far...


Not sure what Illinois tuition is, but personally I would pay the $5k/year to know that the scholly is guaranteed and for a (slightly) better shot at Chi.

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: Iowa (full) v UIUC (30k / yr) v WUSTL (20k / yr)

Postby JOThompson » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:28 pm

For your goals, you should choose UIUC. Iowa is a fine school, but it doesn't reliably place students in Chicago. If you can't decide, then I would suggest visiting both schools as they have very different vibes.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests