Michigan State vs. Syracuse vs. Rutgers - Newark

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
bigkahuna2020

Re: Michigan State vs. Syracuse vs. Rutgers - Newark

Postby bigkahuna2020 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:53 pm

I dunno. I;ve never heard of trouble in University Heights. That being said, I am certainly more street smart than the average law student.

Justathought

Postby Justathought » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:55 pm

bigkahuna2020 wrote:I dunno. I;ve never heard of trouble in University Heights. That being said, I am certainly more street smart than the average law student.

Yeah, but that's not saying much! :P

Seriously though, I'm a strong male and whatnot, but I'm not looking to do battle a la the matrix at the train station on my way home after a late night.

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:58 pm

Pretty sure MSU doesn't offer in-state tuition. Also, the law school hasn't been affiliated with MSU for 100 years. MSU just acquired it a little over 20 years ago.

bigkahuna2020

Postby bigkahuna2020 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:00 pm

Justathought wrote:
bigkahuna2020 wrote:I dunno. I;ve never heard of trouble in University Heights. That being said, I am certainly more street smart than the average law student.

Seriously though, I'm a strong male and whatnot, but I'm not looking to do battle a la the matrix at the train station on my way home after a late night.

As someone born and raised in Jersey, it is more about having an idea of what feels dangerous or intimidating and avoiding it. Also, running fast and knowing that black men in baggy pants aren't universally dangerous, while well dressed white guys can be. Just a feeling mostly, and keeping your head down and not dressing bougie/flashing cash or jewelry.

Justathought

Postby Justathought » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:06 pm

bigkahuna2020 wrote:
Justathought wrote:

As someone born and raised in Jersey, it is more about having an idea of what feels dangerous or intimidating and avoiding it. Also, running fast and knowing that black men in baggy pants aren't universally dangerous, while well dressed white guys can be. Just a feeling mostly, and keeping your head down and not dressing bougie/flashing cash or jewelry.

I agree with all this, I'm from NYC and have similar sensibilities. Still, there are dangerous neighborhoods, and being in them late at night - perhaps often - very well may increase the odds of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I mean, you could be the most street smart guy around, but if someone is out looking to rob people that just might not be enough.

To be fair, if I thought I would be done by 6pm every day then this wouldn't be an issue. I just prefer to study in the library, and can see myself there until closing, quite often.

bigkahuna2020

Postby bigkahuna2020 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:16 pm

Justathought wrote:
I agree with all this, I'm from NYC and have similar sensibilities. Still, there are dangerous neighborhoods, and being in them late at night - perhaps often - very well may increase the odds of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I mean, you could be the most street smart guy around, but if someone is out looking to rob people that just might not be enough.

To be fair, if I thought I would be done by 6pm every day then this wouldn't be an issue. I just prefer to study in the library, and can see myself there until closing, quite often.

True. That being said---from what I know of that hood, if you leave around 9-10pm, you SHOULD be fine...I'd compare university heights as a place about as dangerous as perhaps the nicer parts of BedStuy---it's no East New York or Brownsville if you know what I'm saying

chalhou1

Postby chalhou1 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:29 pm

BruceBarr wrote:
I would say it's hard for me act like I go to an elite school when I openly talk about where I got to school and who I am. Shit, you can plug my username in facebook and even see my smiling face. I'm not taking jabs at all. If you got a full ride to Wayne it probably means you got in to Penn State at cost. Congrats?

Go where you get a full ride, but if not, feel free to come to Penn State and I'll buy you a drink, even though with your stellar attitude I'm sure you'll have no issues making friends.

Oh, and while you're at it: fuck yourself. Michigan State sucks.

thanks for the offer but I already have enough friends who act like they know what they're talking about but are actually clueless. it's a good thing no one cares about your opinion, since you have already proven how misinformed you are.

I will stop spamming this thread though

jne381
AIPAC Chairman's Council Donor

Postby jne381 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:36 pm

BruceBarr wrote:
chalhou1 wrote:You keep proving that you have no idea what you're talking about. MSU took over the detroit college of law in 1995, it takes time to develop a reputable school, especially since the Detroit college of law was mediocre. Also you say that students can leave the state because of Izzo. That is funny, since it usually only places in Michigan and ocassionaly Illinois

I'm a 0L who was offered a full ride to both Wayne and MSU, it is just hilarious how wrong you are.

Is it hilarious? Ok, good then. As long as it's funny. I won't argue with you because I'm a real law student who goes to a real law school who argues enough as is. That said, I hope you go to MSU on that full ride.

Wow! You are inaccurate and a douche. I am sure Penn State is glad to have you.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”