Hey TLS, update the rankings! Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Coolgrnmen

Bronze

Hey TLS, update the rankings!

Post by Coolgrnmen » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:13 pm

Last year they were updated the same day they were released. Surely this was because they didn't have a new ranking system...but still...

How long before TLS has the updated rankings with the analysis of the movement from one year to the next?

MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Re: Hey TLS, update the rankings!

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:19 pm

Now that CUNY is "ranked" higher than NYLS, why are you so eager for an update?

You know what I'm talking about
Last edited by MrPapagiorgio on Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:23 pm

IBTU

Coolgrnmen

Bronze

Post by Coolgrnmen » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:30 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:Now that CUNY is "ranked" higher than NYLS, why are you so eager for an update?

lol...yes, I saw...and I know what you are talking about...
I want to know because I want to weigh where I want to transfer...

PS Still wouldn't touch CUNY with a ten-foot pole...I know why they went up in rank...their LSAT averages jumped like crazy...their employment didn't jump at all...

Chants

Bronze

Post by Chants » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:00 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:Now that CUNY is "ranked" higher than NYLS, why are you so eager for an update?

Burn.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FuManChusco

Silver

Post by FuManChusco » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:05 pm

1.) click link
2.) scroll down
3.) notice absolute gold delivered by rad.

Coolgrnmen

Bronze

Post by Coolgrnmen » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:07 pm

Not the point of this post trolls...

FuManChusco

Silver

Post by FuManChusco » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:23 pm

Coolgrnmen wrote:Not the point of this post trolls...
there is no point of this post though...

MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:26 pm

FuManChusco wrote:
Of course there is. Obviously the rankings haven't been updated because nobody (until now) has requested them to be updated. Therefore, this thread was essential towards getting the admins to update the rankings. They do not make a move without the request of TLS members. Were you not aware of this?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Coolgrnmen

Bronze

Post by Coolgrnmen » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:33 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
FuManChusco wrote:
Of course there is. Obviously the rankings haven't been updated because nobody (until now) has requested them to be updated. Therefore, this thread was essential towards getting the admins to update the rankings. They do not make a move without the request of TLS members. Were you not aware of this?
Actually, I was looking to elicit a response from a TLS admin to let us know when they would be updated...as bass ackwards as I did it...that was my intent

esq

Silver

Post by esq » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:37 pm

Transfer into the top hundred. Chapman, Missouri-Columbia, and William Mitchell are out. Buffalo, Marquette and Loui'ville are in (again.) There's your update, as far as what is needed to transfer out of TTT.

Coolgrnmen

Bronze

Post by Coolgrnmen » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:50 pm

esq wrote:Transfer into the top hundred. Chapman, Missouri-Columbia, and William Mitchell are out. Buffalo, Marquette and Loui'ville are in (again.) There's your update, as far as what is needed to transfer out of TTT.
lol...screw you...

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:52 pm

Coolgrnmen wrote:
esq wrote:Transfer into the top hundred. Chapman, Missouri-Columbia, and William Mitchell are out. Buffalo, Marquette and Loui'ville are in (again.) There's your update, as far as what is needed to transfer out of TTT.
lol...screw you...
I read the "lol" I was like "oh, he thinks this is funny". Then, I read on, saw the "screw you" and was like "whoa, this dude doesn't actually think it was funny, he's pissed". Good one!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Coolgrnmen

Bronze

Post by Coolgrnmen » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:56 pm

kwais wrote:
Coolgrnmen wrote:
lol...screw you...
I read the "lol" I was like "oh, he thinks this is funny". Then, I read on, saw the "screw you" and was like "whoa, this dude doesn't actually think it was funny, he's pissed". Good one!
I planned it that way...Tiger's Blood...Adonis DNA...you know the drill...

esq

Silver

Post by esq » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:04 pm

Coolgrnmen wrote:
lol...screw you...
When will you learn to stop sticking your neck out with posts like this and just become one of us naysayers? Join the dark side young Anakin.

Coolgrnmen

Bronze

Post by Coolgrnmen » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:13 pm

esq wrote:
Coolgrnmen wrote:
lol...screw you...
When will you learn to stop sticking your neck out with posts like this and just become one of us naysayers? Join the dark side young Anakin.
The light side is good! I can still feel the good inside of you! Give up the dark side and come with me!
My rebuttal doesn't work very well cause both statements were technically addressed to Anakin...lol o well

esq

Silver

Post by esq » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:24 pm

Coolgrnmen wrote:
esq wrote:
Coolgrnmen wrote:
lol...screw you...
The light side is good! I can still feel the good inside of you! Give up the dark side and come with me!
My rebuttal doesn't work very well cause both statements were technically addressed to Anakin...lol o well
Haha, I suppose it's also a bit confusing because technically my handle is Dark Helmet from Space Balls - not sure if he is dark side, or just wacked out.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Coolgrnmen

Bronze

Post by Coolgrnmen » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:27 pm

esq wrote: Haha, I suppose it's also a bit confusing because technically my handle is Dark Helmet from Space Balls - not sure if he is dark side, or just wacked out.
Ha...nice

2011Law

Silver

Post by 2011Law » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm

Didn't read the thread so far, but I +1 the vote for tls to update the rankings on this site already.

fakemoney

Bronze

Post by fakemoney » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:58 am

Coolgrnmen wrote:

PS Still wouldn't touch CUNY with a ten-foot pole...I know why they went up in rank...their LSAT averages jumped like crazy...their employment didn't jump at all...
How is having the rankings on TLS going to help you decide where to transfer? The info is already available.

Coolgrnmen

Bronze

Post by Coolgrnmen » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:47 am

fakemoney wrote:
Coolgrnmen wrote:

How is having the rankings on TLS going to help you decide where to transfer? The info is already available.
I'm not willing to pay $20 for the extra info, like employment...did you?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

fakemoney

Bronze

Post by fakemoney » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:20 pm

Updating the rankings doesn't necessarily mean you're gonna get all the employment info and stuff. The only time you get info about employment and other data is when TLS does an updated school profile. As is, some school profiles are a couple years out of date.

cornellbeez

Bronze

Post by cornellbeez » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:41 pm

Finally...and the corresponding stats are updated too :)

Metaread

Bronze

Post by Metaread » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:05 am

TLS uses US News data right? Don't see what the big deal is, really, though the detailed info on each school does need an update to be more useful (currently the TLS rankings are using data from 2-3 years ago, I think).

overunderachiever

Bronze

Post by overunderachiever » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:52 am

Coolgrnmen wrote:
fakemoney wrote:
Coolgrnmen wrote:

I'm not willing to pay $20 for the extra info, like employment...did you?
:lol:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”