Hey TLS, update the rankings!

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Coolgrnmen
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:20 pm

Hey TLS, update the rankings!

Postby Coolgrnmen » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:13 pm

Last year they were updated the same day they were released. Surely this was because they didn't have a new ranking system...but still...

How long before TLS has the updated rankings with the analysis of the movement from one year to the next?

User avatar
MrPapagiorgio
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: Hey TLS, update the rankings!

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:19 pm

Now that CUNY is "ranked" higher than NYLS, why are you so eager for an update?

You know what I'm talking about
Last edited by MrPapagiorgio on Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
99.9luft
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: Hey TLS, update the rankings!

Postby 99.9luft » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:23 pm

IBTU

Coolgrnmen
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:20 pm

Re: Hey TLS, update the rankings!

Postby Coolgrnmen » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:30 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:Now that CUNY is "ranked" higher than NYLS, why are you so eager for an update?

You know what I'm talking about

lol...yes, I saw...and I know what you are talking about...
I want to know because I want to weigh where I want to transfer...

PS Still wouldn't touch CUNY with a ten-foot pole...I know why they went up in rank...their LSAT averages jumped like crazy...their employment didn't jump at all...

Chants
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:20 pm

Re: Hey TLS, update the rankings!

Postby Chants » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:00 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:Now that CUNY is "ranked" higher than NYLS, why are you so eager for an update?

You know what I'm talking about



Burn.

User avatar
FuManChusco
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: Hey TLS, update the rankings!

Postby FuManChusco » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:05 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:Now that CUNY is "ranked" higher than NYLS, why are you so eager for an update?

You know what I'm talking about


1.) click link
2.) scroll down
3.) notice absolute gold delivered by rad.

Coolgrnmen
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:20 pm

Re: Hey TLS, update the rankings!

Postby Coolgrnmen » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:07 pm

Not the point of this post trolls...

User avatar
FuManChusco
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: Hey TLS, update the rankings!

Postby FuManChusco » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:23 pm

Coolgrnmen wrote:Not the point of this post trolls...


there is no point of this post though...

User avatar
MrPapagiorgio
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: Hey TLS, update the rankings!

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:26 pm

FuManChusco wrote:
Coolgrnmen wrote:Not the point of this post trolls...


there is no point of this post though...

Of course there is. Obviously the rankings haven't been updated because nobody (until now) has requested them to be updated. Therefore, this thread was essential towards getting the admins to update the rankings. They do not make a move without the request of TLS members. Were you not aware of this?

Coolgrnmen
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:20 pm

Re: Hey TLS, update the rankings!

Postby Coolgrnmen » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:33 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
FuManChusco wrote:
Coolgrnmen wrote:Not the point of this post trolls...


there is no point of this post though...

Of course there is. Obviously the rankings haven't been updated because nobody (until now) has requested them to be updated. Therefore, this thread was essential towards getting the admins to update the rankings. They do not make a move without the request of TLS members. Were you not aware of this?

Actually, I was looking to elicit a response from a TLS admin to let us know when they would be updated...as bass ackwards as I did it...that was my intent

User avatar
esq
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: Hey TLS, update the rankings!

Postby esq » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:37 pm

Transfer into the top hundred. Chapman, Missouri-Columbia, and William Mitchell are out. Buffalo, Marquette and Loui'ville are in (again.) There's your update, as far as what is needed to transfer out of TTT.

Coolgrnmen
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:20 pm

Re: Hey TLS, update the rankings!

Postby Coolgrnmen » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:50 pm

esq wrote:Transfer into the top hundred. Chapman, Missouri-Columbia, and William Mitchell are out. Buffalo, Marquette and Loui'ville are in (again.) There's your update, as far as what is needed to transfer out of TTT.

lol...screw you...

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Hey TLS, update the rankings!

Postby kwais » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:52 pm

Coolgrnmen wrote:
esq wrote:Transfer into the top hundred. Chapman, Missouri-Columbia, and William Mitchell are out. Buffalo, Marquette and Loui'ville are in (again.) There's your update, as far as what is needed to transfer out of TTT.

lol...screw you...


I read the "lol" I was like "oh, he thinks this is funny". Then, I read on, saw the "screw you" and was like "whoa, this dude doesn't actually think it was funny, he's pissed". Good one!

Coolgrnmen
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:20 pm

Re: Hey TLS, update the rankings!

Postby Coolgrnmen » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:56 pm

kwais wrote:
Coolgrnmen wrote:
esq wrote:Transfer into the top hundred. Chapman, Missouri-Columbia, and William Mitchell are out. Buffalo, Marquette and Loui'ville are in (again.) There's your update, as far as what is needed to transfer out of TTT.

lol...screw you...


I read the "lol" I was like "oh, he thinks this is funny". Then, I read on, saw the "screw you" and was like "whoa, this dude doesn't actually think it was funny, he's pissed". Good one!

I planned it that way...Tiger's Blood...Adonis DNA...you know the drill...

User avatar
esq
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: Hey TLS, update the rankings!

Postby esq » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:04 pm

Coolgrnmen wrote:
esq wrote:Transfer into the top hundred. Chapman, Missouri-Columbia, and William Mitchell are out. Buffalo, Marquette and Loui'ville are in (again.) There's your update, as far as what is needed to transfer out of TTT.

lol...screw you...

When will you learn to stop sticking your neck out with posts like this and just become one of us naysayers? Join the dark side young Anakin.

Coolgrnmen
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:20 pm

Re: Hey TLS, update the rankings!

Postby Coolgrnmen » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:13 pm

esq wrote:
Coolgrnmen wrote:
esq wrote:Transfer into the top hundred. Chapman, Missouri-Columbia, and William Mitchell are out. Buffalo, Marquette and Loui'ville are in (again.) There's your update, as far as what is needed to transfer out of TTT.

lol...screw you...

When will you learn to stop sticking your neck out with posts like this and just become one of us naysayers? Join the dark side young Anakin.

The light side is good! I can still feel the good inside of you! Give up the dark side and come with me!
My rebuttal doesn't work very well cause both statements were technically addressed to Anakin...lol o well

User avatar
esq
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: Hey TLS, update the rankings!

Postby esq » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:24 pm

Coolgrnmen wrote:
esq wrote:
Coolgrnmen wrote:
esq wrote:Transfer into the top hundred. Chapman, Missouri-Columbia, and William Mitchell are out. Buffalo, Marquette and Loui'ville are in (again.) There's your update, as far as what is needed to transfer out of TTT.

lol...screw you...

When will you learn to stop sticking your neck out with posts like this and just become one of us naysayers? Join the dark side young Anakin.

The light side is good! I can still feel the good inside of you! Give up the dark side and come with me!
My rebuttal doesn't work very well cause both statements were technically addressed to Anakin...lol o well

Haha, I suppose it's also a bit confusing because technically my handle is Dark Helmet from Space Balls - not sure if he is dark side, or just wacked out.

Coolgrnmen
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:20 pm

Re: Hey TLS, update the rankings!

Postby Coolgrnmen » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:27 pm

esq wrote:Haha, I suppose it's also a bit confusing because technically my handle is Dark Helmet from Space Balls - not sure if he is dark side, or just wacked out.


Ha...nice

2011Law
Posts: 822
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Hey TLS, update the rankings!

Postby 2011Law » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm

Didn't read the thread so far, but I +1 the vote for tls to update the rankings on this site already.

fakemoney
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:07 am

Re: Hey TLS, update the rankings!

Postby fakemoney » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:58 am

Coolgrnmen wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:Now that CUNY is "ranked" higher than NYLS, why are you so eager for an update?

You know what I'm talking about

lol...yes, I saw...and I know what you are talking about...
I want to know because I want to weigh where I want to transfer...

PS Still wouldn't touch CUNY with a ten-foot pole...I know why they went up in rank...their LSAT averages jumped like crazy...their employment didn't jump at all...


How is having the rankings on TLS going to help you decide where to transfer? The info is already available.

Coolgrnmen
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:20 pm

Re: Hey TLS, update the rankings!

Postby Coolgrnmen » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:47 am

fakemoney wrote:
Coolgrnmen wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:Now that CUNY is "ranked" higher than NYLS, why are you so eager for an update?

You know what I'm talking about

lol...yes, I saw...and I know what you are talking about...
I want to know because I want to weigh where I want to transfer...

PS Still wouldn't touch CUNY with a ten-foot pole...I know why they went up in rank...their LSAT averages jumped like crazy...their employment didn't jump at all...


How is having the rankings on TLS going to help you decide where to transfer? The info is already available.

I'm not willing to pay $20 for the extra info, like employment...did you?

fakemoney
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:07 am

Re: Hey TLS, update the rankings!

Postby fakemoney » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:20 pm

Updating the rankings doesn't necessarily mean you're gonna get all the employment info and stuff. The only time you get info about employment and other data is when TLS does an updated school profile. As is, some school profiles are a couple years out of date.

cornellbeez
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:43 am

Re: Hey TLS, update the rankings!

Postby cornellbeez » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:41 pm

Finally...and the corresponding stats are updated too :)

Metaread
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: Hey TLS, update the rankings!

Postby Metaread » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:05 am

TLS uses US News data right? Don't see what the big deal is, really, though the detailed info on each school does need an update to be more useful (currently the TLS rankings are using data from 2-3 years ago, I think).

overunderachiever
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:47 pm

Re: Hey TLS, update the rankings!

Postby overunderachiever » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:52 am

Coolgrnmen wrote:
fakemoney wrote:
Coolgrnmen wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:Now that CUNY is "ranked" higher than NYLS, why are you so eager for an update?

You know what I'm talking about

lol...yes, I saw...and I know what you are talking about...
I want to know because I want to weigh where I want to transfer...

PS Still wouldn't touch CUNY with a ten-foot pole...I know why they went up in rank...their LSAT averages jumped like crazy...their employment didn't jump at all...


How is having the rankings on TLS going to help you decide where to transfer? The info is already available.

I'm not willing to pay $20 for the extra info, like employment...did you?

:lol:




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests