Saint Louis University $$ vs. Penn State $ vs FSU $$$ Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Velvetvoice06

New

Saint Louis University $$ vs. Penn State $ vs FSU $$$

Post by Velvetvoice06 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:33 pm

Hi you guys! Long time lurker but decisions are getting a little difficult. I received a full scholarship to FSU, 10000/yr scholly to Penn State, and a 18,000/yr scholly to SLU. I'm still waiting on a couple of other schools but I really need to make a decision soon with the deposit deadline just around the corner. I'm from Florida so FSU is nice but I think Penn State has more pull in the city. Also, they have an immigration clinic which is the field that I plan on entering. SLU is also nice and I have friends/family in the area, also St.Louis is an underrated city! Can you genius TLSers please help me out and provide honest input? Thank you!

whuts4lunch

Bronze

Re: Saint Louis University $$ vs. Penn State $ vs FSU $$$

Post by whuts4lunch » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:40 pm

Of those choices, I'd go FSU for sure.

Did you apply to Miami? I imagine Miami would be good for immigration law.

When you say "pull in the city" do you mean NYC? Is that where you want to end up? I imagine you will have trouble getting to NYC from any of those options.

Velvetvoice06

New

Post by Velvetvoice06 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:47 pm

I got into Miami but they didn't offer me any scholarship money :(
Also, when I said city, I actually meant region. I guess being in-state has tainted my vision of FSU and has me viewing it as "Just another school." From an outsider's prspective (I assume) can you please tell me your rationale for choosing FSU? (Besides the free money)

RockyIII

Bronze

Post by RockyIII » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:54 pm

Velvetvoice06 wrote:I got into Miami but they didn't offer me any scholarship money :(
Also, when I said city, I actually meant region. I guess being in-state has tainted my vision of FSU and has me viewing it as "Just another school." From an outsider's prspective (I assume) can you please tell me your rationale for choosing FSU? (Besides the free money)
what

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:55 pm

Velvetvoice06 wrote:I got into Miami but they didn't offer me any scholarship money :(
If you are from Florida, want to work in FL, and have in-state tuition at FSU, you should go to FSU. Law school is NOT the time to be going to another state for "fun". It isn't like college at all.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:41 pm

FSU, this shouldn't even be up for discussion.

Velvetvoice06

New

Post by Velvetvoice06 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:16 pm

Got into Washington and Lee today :)

You're right...Discussion Over.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”