Loyola New Orleans vs. LSU vs. Tulane vs. Suffolk

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
LAguy33

Loyola New Orleans vs. LSU vs. Tulane vs. Suffolk

Postby LAguy33 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:29 pm

These are tuition amounts with scholarships/in-state tuition included:

Loyola New Orleans- $7,000
LSU- $14,000
Tulane- $35,000
Suffolk- $11,100

I'm sure the first thing someone will say is- Where do you want to practice? To be honest, I don't know. My decision will be based on what school will put me in a position to have the highest number of feasible job choices after graduation, no regard to where those choices would locate me.

Overall, I realize a Tulane degree will expose me to more opportunities, but my choices then will be constrained by financial feasibility in repaying loans- my decision will be heavily weighted on obtaining a job that will allow me to repay my loans. Loyola New Orleans won't result in the same number of opportunities, but I will be debt-free so I will be able to choose something that I want to do from the beginning without those constraints. Really don't know much about Suffolk.

I'm graduating early, but I've been in undergrad at LSU the past three years and I really would like to get out of Baton Rouge, especially to Boston. Just don't know if it's a good choice at that value considering my options. Any thoughts?

Fred_McGriff

Re: Loyola New Orleans vs. LSU vs. Tulane vs. Suffolk

Postby Fred_McGriff » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:45 pm

Keep in mind how cold and unfriendly Boston is. It snows all of the damn time, the city's driving makes no sense, you can see a building right down a street and not be able to drive to it. Think about how warm and friendly Baton Rouge is, and how awesome New Orleans is...

Spookyghost

Postby Spookyghost » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:53 pm

Fred_McGriff wrote:Keep in mind how cold and unfriendly Boston is. It snows all of the damn time, the city's driving makes no sense, you can see a building right down a street and not be able to drive to it. Think about how warm and friendly Baton Rouge is, and how awesome New Orleans is...

Also think about how awful Baton Rouge traffic is.. And I do mean awful.

Fred_McGriff

Postby Fred_McGriff » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:56 pm

Also, think of Suffolk... you're probably going to have a lot more competition in Boston coming out of Suffolk than you are in Louisiana coming out of LSU, Tulane, or Loyola. Boston has BC, BU, Harvard, and T14 competition, with a bunch of TTTs and TTTTs breathing down it's neck. What happens if you go to Suffolk and strike out in the city? Western Mass? I'd take rural Louisiana over Western Mass any day of the week.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”