Want your opinions on these options

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

What should I do?

Cornell at sticker
13%
Georgetown at sticker
8%
UT w/$21,000
7%
UCLA w/$60,000
33%
Vanderbilt w/$74,000
36%
USC scholarship currently unknown
No votes
WUSTL w/$120,000
1%
UIUC w/$120,000
3%

Total votes: 76

ATR

Re: Want your opinions on these options

Postby ATR » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:10 am

rad law wrote:
ATR wrote:Do you have significant UG debt? I think you should wait to see how you like UCLA and Vandy, since their CoA should end up pretty close based on those scholarships. Cornell placed almost 60% of their 2010 class in biglaw, so they should also be in the mix.

And for c/o 2011, according to leaked data, Cornell placed about 40%. I'm just hesitant to use this one year of really weird data to justify much of anything.

The Cornell dicksucking on TLS (not from you ATR, just in general) is getting out of hand. It is on track to surpass even the sizable Vandy dicksucking of last year hah

Wow, I had no idea the data fluctuated like that. I'll now treat that "Go-To" list with a grain of salt.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:12 am

ATR wrote:
rad law wrote:
ATR wrote:Do you have significant UG debt? I think you should wait to see how you like UCLA and Vandy, since their CoA should end up pretty close based on those scholarships. Cornell placed almost 60% of their 2010 class in biglaw, so they should also be in the mix.

And for c/o 2011, according to leaked data, Cornell placed about 40%. I'm just hesitant to use this one year of really weird data to justify much of anything.

The Cornell dicksucking on TLS (not from you ATR, just in general) is getting out of hand. It is on track to surpass even the sizable Vandy dicksucking of last year hah

Wow, I had no idea the data fluctuated like that. I'll now treat that "Go-To" list with a grain of salt.

Yeah bro ATL leaked the OCI list a while ago. It's on there somewhere.

I view this year's go-to list as "which markets gave out more offers." It's not that helpful for actual prediction because 1) it's old and 2) people bid and got offers largely pre-ITE.

ATR

Postby ATR » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:13 am

rad law wrote:Yeah bro ATL leaked the OCI list a while ago. It's on there somewhere.

Guess I need to find it...

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:14 am

ATR wrote:
rad law wrote:Yeah bro ATL leaked the OCI list a while ago. It's on there somewhere.

But the data isn't totally useless. See my above edit.

ATR

Postby ATR » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:28 am

rad law wrote:
ATR wrote:

All right. It's just frustrating for those of us trying to choose schools -- sorry for derailing, Bils -- and obviously you (rad) and others understand our predicament.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:31 am

ATR wrote:
rad law wrote:
ATR wrote:

All right. It's just frustrating for those of us trying to choose schools -- sorry for derailing, Bils -- and obviously you (rad) and others understand our predicament.

And it's tough for us who want to know where to bid in the fall haha

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:28 pm

Thanks for your input, everyone. It looks like it will be a choice between UCLA and Vandy for me. I'm going to try and get UCLA to increase their offer, and I'll see if either Georgetown or Cornell would be willing to offer me a scholarship of any sort (a small scholarship would probably lure me to one of those schools). I'll update this thread if any of that happens.

SBL wrote:
Also, no option for CU full ride?

I didn't apply to CU after they didn't respond to my request for a fee waiver, but looking at the scholarships awarded this year and last year there's almost no chance I would have gotten a full tuition scholarship at CU. They're very stingy with finaid, so I probably would have ended up with a $19k scholarship. :/

Curry

Postby Curry » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:32 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
SBL wrote:

I didn't apply to CU after they didn't respond to my request for a fee waiver, but looking at the scholarships awarded this year and last year there's almost no chance I would have gotten a full tuition scholarship at CU. They're very stingy with finaid, so I probably would have ended up with a $19k scholarship. :/

This is because if it tastes/feels as cold as the rockies, it sucks balls.

bearsfan1

Postby bearsfan1 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:58 pm

SBL wrote:
rad law wrote:Vandy or UCLA. Not sure Cornell or GULC is such a smart idea with no money.

This is pretty much what I was going to say.

Agreed, either way you're in a great situation. Good luck!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”