If you are interested in international law...

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
mettasutta

Re: If you are interested in international law...

Postby mettasutta » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:38 pm

An unintentionally hilarious quote from Regent Law Wives Assocation:

Josh studied for the LSAT and we had some school possibilities. We prayed that we would be guided to the right school and that we would know where we needed to be through his LSAT score. When we received his scores it was very obvious the school God was leading us too, and we both knew instantly that we would go to Regent University in Virginia Beach, Virginia.

:lol:
Last edited by mettasutta on Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:38 pm

rman1201 wrote:Good reading material on the site

"
Coming from a school as large as the University of Florida, Sarah was taken aback, and even a little put-off, by Regent’s size. But on the second day of her visit Professor Charles Oates pulled her aside and asked for her story and how he could pray for her. That is when she knew that this is where she belonged.

Upon beginning classes Sarah confessed that she initially reverted to her former self, and even sat praying that she would not get called on. “After the first few days I thought ‘What am I doing? I’m here to study, to glorify God, but I’m being so self-conscious and so self-centered.’” The Lord reminded her that her identity is in Christ. “It doesn’t matter if I get a question wrong or embarrass myself in some way. My identity in Christ is solid.”"

Omg. What is wrong with people?

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:39 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:39 pm

mettasutta wrote:Another unintentionally hilarious quote from a Regent blog:

Josh studied for the LSAT and we had some school possibilities. We prayed that we would be guided to the right school and that we would know where we needed to be through his LSAT score. When we received his scores it was very obvious the school God was leading us too, and we both knew instantly that we would go to Regent University in Virginia Beach, Virginia.

lol I can't even deal. This is hysterical.

Wholigan

Postby Wholigan » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:39 pm

mettasutta wrote:Another unintentionally hilarious quote from a Regent blog:

How do they know the sign didn't mean Cooley?

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:40 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

General Tso

Postby General Tso » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:41 pm

With my law degree I plan to prosecute human traffickers and provide legal justice for their victims. God's love for the poor and oppressed is evidenced throughout Scripture. If we are truly to be Christians, "like Christ," then we must show love for the weary. Human trafficking victims have suffered unimaginable pain, and with God's strength, I want my career to bring justice and restoration into their lives. I love my life, I love law school, and I love Jesus Christ, whose faithfulness never fails.

I'm not going to mock her for her religious beliefs, but my God, who forks over $100k+ tuition to become what amounts to an unpaid missionary? When are people going to understand that you don't need a law degree on the wall to do human rights work for free?

Danteshek

Postby Danteshek » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:41 pm

"It was initially called "CBN University School of Law" after the televangelist's Christian Broadcasting Network, whose studios share the campus and which provided much of the funding for the law school."

Good thing they didn't keep the original name of the law school. Christians could have ended up blackballed from the law field as well as the science field.

I want to start the National Public Radio School of Law :lol: :lol:

General Tso

Postby General Tso » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:46 pm

check out her study board allegedly from one of her 1L fall classes

rman1201

Postby rman1201 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:48 pm

General Tso

Postby General Tso » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:49 pm

rman1201 wrote:Image

non-Christians seek legal counsel elsewhere?

Wholigan

Postby Wholigan » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:53 pm

General Tso wrote:check out her study board allegedly from one of her 1L fall classes

When it says "-witchcraft -criminal sanctions" at the bottom center, do you think a debate broke out in class as to whether we should in fact have criminal sanctions for witchcraft, and what they should be?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”