LSU v. DePaul v. Loyola Chicago Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
BarbellDreams

Gold

Re: LSU v. DePaul v. Loyola Chicago

Post by BarbellDreams » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:57 pm

Loyola is better recognized in the Chicago community than DePaul so of those two I definitely take LUC. That said I strongly urge you to realize that while you may the "abilities" to do well, every single other person you will go to school with will have them too. With the forced curve 90% of you will be wrong.

StacyStrong

New

Post by StacyStrong » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:59 pm

yeah i know :(

but doesn't depaul have a more extensive alumni network within chicago?

aknecht

Bronze

Post by aknecht » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:33 am

BarbellDreams wrote:Loyola is better recognized in the Chicago community than DePaul so of those two I definitely take LUC.
can you expand on this? I've heard the exact opposite and I've lived in the Chicago area for most of my life. Now I'm trying to decide between these 2 schools.

StacyStrong

New

Post by StacyStrong » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:54 am

where abouts?

i grew up there too

/creep

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:39 am

aknecht wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:Loyola is better recognized in the Chicago community than DePaul so of those two I definitely take LUC.
can you expand on this? I've heard the exact opposite and I've lived in the Chicago area for most of my life. Now I'm trying to decide between these 2 schools.
I am from Chicago originally (both high school and undergrad) and Loyola simply has better placement than DePaul. It did before the economy collapsed (LUC was #46 in NLJ placement while DePaul wasn't on the list at all) and it does the same ITE. Basically, DePaul has more graduates, but LUC graduates get better jobs.

Don't let this make you think LUC will uaranteet you NLJ placement by any means: Chicago is one of the worst markets in the nation right now with NW,Chicago, UIUC, WUSTL, ND, and the entire t14 getting dibs before you'll ever be looked at from a school like DePaul or Loyola, but if the choice was only those 2 I pick LUC.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Aberzombie1892

Gold

Post by Aberzombie1892 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:49 am

I haven't read this entire thread, but don't go to LSU thinking your job prospects will be proportionately better. LSU faces stiff competition in New Orleans. I'm not certain, but I'm sure it does okay in Baton Rouge.

StacyStrong

New

Post by StacyStrong » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:05 am

I just want to clarify that I'm not looking at biglaw.

it'd be cool yeah, but i'm realistic and what i've always wanted to go into isn't a high paying law anyway

debt for the rest of my life??? cool!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”