What would you take over a Rubenstein at UChicago Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

What would you take over a Rubenstein at UChicago

Harvard at sticker
17%
Yale at sticker
32%
Stanford at sticker
21%
CLS at sticker
3%
NYU at sticker
1%
Full Ride at B
11%
MVP with $$
2%
None of the above
13%

Total votes: 373

Pleasye

Platinum

Re: What would you take over a Rubenstein at UChicago

Post by Pleasye » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:27 pm

Ruby unless Stanford calls.

notanumber

Bronze

Post by notanumber » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:33 pm

I'd probably take Yale or Stanford over a Rubenstein. But that's because I know that I'd drive myself insane if I had to gun for grades in order to land into a great job and would end up, as a result, not really enjoying law school or spending time doing the things I love. A sizable number of Chicago students are struggling to find jobs and in that environment I'd pay for the LRAP insurance.

If you're really into Chicago, though, it would be hard to turn it down.

almightypush

Bronze

Post by almightypush » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:43 am

notanumber wrote:I'd probably take Yale or Stanford over a Rubenstein. But that's because I know that I'd drive myself insane if I had to gun for grades in order to land into a great job and would end up, as a result, not really enjoying law school
+1

Curry

Post by Curry » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:12 am

notanumber wrote:I'd probably take Yale or Stanford over a Rubenstein. But that's because I know that I'd drive myself insane if I had to gun for grades in order to land into a great job and would end up, as a result, not really enjoying law school or spending time doing the things I love. A sizable number of Chicago students are struggling to find jobs and in that environment I'd pay for the LRAP insurance.

If you're really into Chicago, though, it would be hard to turn it down.
I don't have any strong feelings one way or another. Thanks for all the help guys. I really really appreciate it.

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:06 pm

Why do you assume HYS are at sticker? Is your family very wealthy, but completely unwilling to support you during law school?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Curry

Post by Curry » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:24 pm

bdubs wrote:Why do you assume HYS are at sticker? Is your family very wealthy, but completely unwilling to support you during law school?
I am getting no merit/need based aid and am going to have to take out loans if I don't get a scholarship

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:38 pm

Curry wrote:
bdubs wrote:Why do you assume HYS are at sticker? Is your family very wealthy, but completely unwilling to support you during law school?
I am getting no merit/need based aid and am going to have to take out loans if I don't get a scholarship
When did you submit your NeedAccess? What about FAFSA? UR date at S? This is all relevant, of course.

Curry

Post by Curry » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:50 pm

eskimo wrote:
Curry wrote:
When did you submit your NeedAccess? What about FAFSA? UR date at S? This is all relevant, of course.
I hate you.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”