ASU (not much $) or UNLV (good $$) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

ASU or UNLV

ASU
57%
UNLV ($$$)
43%

Total votes: 7

gaud

Platinum

ASU (not much $) or UNLV (good $$)

Post by gaud » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:22 pm

I am debating on these two schools with not getting so much money from ASU and getting a good scholly for UNLV. I am currently in state in Arizona so with ASU i would have residency.

I am not really sure on which school to attend, i would not mind living in either area, and i feel like the Phoenix market is becoming congested while nevada has a growing market (more so than Phoenix) and UNLV is the only law school in the state.

Can anyone give me some help or insight on what i should do?

bk1

Diamond

Re: ASU (not much $) or UNLV (good $$)

Post by bk1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:30 pm

What would the total CoA be for you at both schools?

I really think you should decided whether you want to be in NV or AZ and then pick the according school.

Pink

Bronze

Post by Pink » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:31 pm

gaud wrote:I am debating on these two schools with not getting so much money from ASU and getting a good scholly for UNLV. I am currently in state in Arizona so with ASU i would have residency.

I am not really sure on which school to attend, i would not mind living in either area, and i feel like the Phoenix market is becoming congested while nevada has a growing market (more so than Phoenix) and UNLV is the only law school in the state.

Can anyone give me some help or insight on what i should do?
Vegas' job market is terrible right now (in all industries). But, there's something to be said for it being the only law school in the state.

renorunningirl

New

Post by renorunningirl » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:32 pm

I am in the same situation with UNLV.... The legal market has really opened up to the school so there are some amazing job opportunities, however Nevada is being hit VERY hard with the budget cuts. Tuition may jump and services may decline, but all and all it is a good school. The facilities are nice and the staff is welcoming (compared to some schools I have visited...) there is a low bar pass rate but that is a state wide issue. Good luck :)

Veyron

Gold

Post by Veyron » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:34 pm

The Vegas market is in no way, shape, or form, better off than the Phoenix area market. It is also smaller.

This decision should be entirely based on where you want to live. Better yet, retake and get a full ride if you aren't instate at at least one school, the expected value of either is just not high enough to justify more than nominal loans ITE.

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:36 pm

Thank you all!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”