deleted Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

No votes
No votes

Total votes: 0

sully

New

deleted

Post by sully » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:38 pm

deleted
Last edited by sully on Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RockyIII

Bronze

Re: USD $$ vs. Retake/Reapply vs. Transfer

Post by RockyIII » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:48 pm

That is a pretty harsh stipulation. I would try to get that removed/lowered before attending. Also, don't go to a law school unless you are content graduating from that law school. There is no guarantee that you will have the grades necessary to transfer. Your best bet is to retake and apply in early September. If Cali is your goal just a few more points on the LSAT could get you in to some better schools, or even a better offer at USD.

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:50 pm

I echo the above-poster's sentiments. Do NOT go to LS expecting to transfer... I wouldn't take the USD scholly with those stipulations.

If you think you can retake/score higher, then by all means, do it!!

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:52 pm

Agree with Rocky III. Also, transfers don't get scholarships. And those given by your former law school are not portable.

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:57 pm

Hm, if you presented those "options" to a client you would be suspended if not disbarred. You do not have the "option" to transfer. You will only have that "option" if you outperform your classmates and wind up in the top 10%. LOL at you for assuming that will happen.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sully

New

Post by sully » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:23 pm

Well thanks for your thoughts. I'm leaning toward a retake as well.

Danteshek wrote:Hm, if you presented those "options" to a client you would be suspended if not disbarred. You do not have the "option" to transfer. You will only have that "option" if you outperform your classmates and wind up in the top 10%. LOL at you for assuming that will happen.
Danteshek, your post is ridiculous on a number of levels: 1. Why would I present law school options to a client? 2. Suppose somehow I passed the bar without going to law school, then decided to go to law school, and then presented a client with law school options, then how would this get me disbarred? (Don't answer these questions)

In any event, to clear things up, this topic is about which course of action to pursue, assumptions aside.

Neve

Bronze

Post by Neve » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:47 pm

Last edited by Neve on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:54 pm

Retake

bartleby

Silver

Post by bartleby » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:59 pm

sully wrote:Well thanks for your thoughts. I'm leaning toward a retake as well.

Danteshek wrote:Hm, if you presented those "options" to a client you would be suspended if not disbarred. You do not have the "option" to transfer. You will only have that "option" if you outperform your classmates and wind up in the top 10%. LOL at you for assuming that will happen.
Danteshek, your post is ridiculous on a number of levels: 1. Why would I present law school options to a client? 2. Suppose somehow I passed the bar without going to law school, then decided to go to law school, and then presented a client with law school options, then how would this get me disbarred? (Don't answer these questions)

In any event, to clear things up, this topic is about which course of action to pursue, assumptions aside.
+1

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:07 am

With that GPA if you retake and can up that LSAT even 3 or 4 points you will be in contention for lower t14's. I think this is the best option.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”