Loyola LA ($69k) vs. Chapman ($100k)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Loyola (LA) or Chapman?

Loyola
64%
Chapman
36%

Total votes: 14

IamKristieHi

Loyola LA ($69k) vs. Chapman ($100k)

Postby IamKristieHi » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:24 am

I'm trying to decide between attending Loyola in L.A. or Chapman. Loyola offered me $69k, while Chapman offered me $100k. If I go to Chapman, I can live with my dad who is starting a new job in Orange County next month. If I went to Loyola, I'd either have to rent an apartment in L.A., or deal with a bad commute. In general, I like Chapman more, but Loyola is a better school with better job placement upon graduation.

For both schools, I need to stay in the top 1/3rd of the class to maintain the scholarship.

As for where I want to work after law school, I suppose I could be happy in Orange County, but I would like to have the option of working in the L.A. area as well. Also, I don't want to do big law, but more job opportunity in general is nice of course :?

Any advice/insight would be most appreciated! Thanks!

Danteshek

Re: Loyola LA ($69k) vs. Chapman ($100k)

Postby Danteshek » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:36 am

Loyola. These are not peer schools.

nshapkar

Postby nshapkar » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:59 am

I'd go with Loyola. However, should you choose Loyola, before you put in your deposit you should try to have your scholarship offer raised.

As far as commuting, do what I do. Buy a mannequin head (the one's stylists use to practice makeup and shit on). Lift the head rest on the passenger seat, stick a board or book out like five inches, and drop the head rest on it to hold it in place. Put the mannequin head on said board/book, duct tape it. Then, put some sun glasses on the head, and finally get a plain blanket. Put it so that it goes from the neck down. Now, you can use carpool. I used to do this to get to school which was forty miles from home, and never got pulled over.

IamKristieHi

Postby IamKristieHi » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:05 am

nshapkar wrote:I'd go with Loyola. However, should you choose Loyola, before you put in your deposit you should try to have your scholarship offer raised.

As far as commuting, do what I do. Buy a mannequin head (the one's stylists use to practice makeup and shit on). Lift the head rest on the passenger seat, stick a board or book out like five inches, and drop the head rest on it to hold it in place. Put the mannequin head on said board/book, duct tape it. Then, put some sun glasses on the head, and finally get a plain blanket. Put it so that it goes from the neck down. Now, you can use carpool. I used to do this to get to school which was forty miles from home, and never got pulled over.

You, sir, win at life. :D

General Tso

Postby General Tso » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:26 am

try negotiating more money from Loyola. they are pretty generous.

drdolittle

Postby drdolittle » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:41 am

nshapkar wrote:As far as commuting, do what I do. Buy a mannequin head (the one's stylists use to practice makeup and shit on). Lift the head rest on the passenger seat, stick a board or book out like five inches, and drop the head rest on it to hold it in place. Put the mannequin head on said board/book, duct tape it. Then, put some sun glasses on the head, and finally get a plain blanket. Put it so that it goes from the neck down. Now, you can use carpool. I used to do this to get to school which was forty miles from home, and never got pulled over.

Another great reason why carpool lanes should be eliminated, if true. Will never happen in stupid CA though. :twisted:

bigkahuna2020

Postby bigkahuna2020 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:49 am

drdolittle wrote:
nshapkar wrote:As far as commuting, do what I do. Buy a mannequin head (the one's stylists use to practice makeup and shit on). Lift the head rest on the passenger seat, stick a board or book out like five inches, and drop the head rest on it to hold it in place. Put the mannequin head on said board/book, duct tape it. Then, put some sun glasses on the head, and finally get a plain blanket. Put it so that it goes from the neck down. Now, you can use carpool. I used to do this to get to school which was forty miles from home, and never got pulled over.

Another great reason why carpool lanes should be eliminated, if true. Will never happen in stupid CA though. :twisted:

I agree, and all taxes should be eliminated because of tax fraud.

JOE!

Postby JOE! » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:10 pm

Most people on here will probably say Loyola, but I can tell you that I was in a very similar situation and chose Chapman. However, I was pretty much set on Orange County. But I highly suggest visiting both schools and getting a feel for the culture - it's cheesy, but I think if I hadn't gone to a school I feel comfortable at, there's no way I would have done well.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”