Is Evening Division/Part-time study considered second rate?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
nycteacher86

Is Evening Division/Part-time study considered second rate?

Postby nycteacher86 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:04 pm

I have a strong career interest that I would like to pursue at the moment, but I would also like to attend law school. I certainly wouldn't mind attending full-time, and very well may, but I had considered the possibility of the evening division at GULC or Fordham. Are they considered less prestigious than their full-time counterparts? Would employers even know? Are there different institution or course names on the diploma or transcripts that would give it away (and even then, would employers care)? Thanks so much for your time.

Justathought

Re: Is Evening Division/Part-time study considered second rate?

Postby Justathought » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:26 pm

nycteacher86 wrote:I have a strong career interest that I would like to pursue at the moment, but I would also like to attend law school. I certainly wouldn't mind attending full-time, and very well may, but I had considered the possibility of the evening division at GULC or Fordham. Are they considered less prestigious than their full-time counterparts? Would employers even know? Are there different institution or course names on the diploma or transcripts that would give it away (and even then, would employers care)? Thanks so much for your time.

Diploma will be the same, employers will know from your transcript and interview that you attended part-time. Part-time does not lack prestige, especially if you are pursuing other work while in law school. If you can balance a job and excel at law school over the course of 4 years, it will likely be regarded with a high level of esteem.

denism3

Re: Is Evening Division/Part-time study considered second rate?

Postby denism3 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:31 am

exactly my question can we get some more opinion on this please thanks

Return to “Choosing a Law School”