Applying With Your Significant Other

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
cardinals1989

Re: Applying With Your Significant Other

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed May 11, 2011 2:58 pm

mcweanis wrote:yup! it was very satisfying

So classy. Good luck at OCI with that sort of attitude. (I know I just opened myself up to having a PM a year and a half from now.)

mcweanis

Postby mcweanis » Wed May 11, 2011 3:10 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:

So classy. Good luck at OCI with that sort of attitude. (I know I just opened myself up to having a PM a year and a half from now.)

i thought being an asshole is what being a lawyer is all about? make up your mind tls!

unc0mm0n1

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Wed May 11, 2011 3:16 pm

yngblkgifted wrote:Typically doing anything other than intercourse or eating with your significant other is never enjoyable. HTH

I prefer to eat alone or with friends the first part of that response is credited though.

unc0mm0n1

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Wed May 11, 2011 3:18 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:

I can see it, 2 years from now you're going to get a pm from mcweanis......

I got an offer from fu hu hu hucking Skadden

mcweanis

Postby mcweanis » Wed May 11, 2011 3:20 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:

dear god, i hope so.

i wouldn't pm it you though, as you didn't say anything outright mean. i only pm'd people who called me a bitch, retarded, etc.

Dany

Postby Dany » Wed May 11, 2011 3:20 pm

Sentry wrote:I'm just going to leave this here....
mcweanis wrote:Subject: Applying With Your Significant Other

Sentry wrote:
mcweanis wrote:i am actually already into columbia and he is already into nyu.. the problem is i haven't heard from and think i have a chance at getting in to one of HYS or getting money someplace else.

You don't really.

Edit: Are you a URM? If so then you have a great shot at HYS. If not you have a very, very, very small shot.

in at harvard so fu-hu-hu-huckkk you :)

LOL

Wholigan

Postby Wholigan » Wed May 11, 2011 3:29 pm

mcweanis wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:I can see it, 2 years from now you're going to get a pm from mcweanis......

dear god, i hope so.

i wouldn't pm it you though, as you didn't say anything outright mean. i only pm'd people who called me a bitch, retarded, etc.

You're really ahead of the curve. Most of us don't kick our dreams, goals and aspirations to the gutter until sometime during 1L.

mcweanis wrote:i wrote my essays about/my entire career plan revolves around PI law in gender/sexuality

ETA: I know I am setting myself up for a second PM from mcweanis four years from now when she's working for Wachtell by day and doing gender/sexuality law in her spare time.

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Wed May 11, 2011 3:33 pm

mcweanis wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:

i thought being an asshole is what being a lawyer is all about? make up your mind tls!

You're not being an asshole, you're just being a brat. I'd hate to see what kind of tantrum you'd throw if you lost a court case or your boss yelled at you. Grow up.

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Wed May 11, 2011 3:33 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:

...she'll fit right in? ;)

keg411

Postby keg411 » Wed May 11, 2011 3:39 pm

Wholigan wrote:
mcweanis wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:I can see it, 2 years from now you're going to get a pm from mcweanis......

dear god, i hope so.

You're really ahead of the curve. Most of us don't kick our dreams, goals and aspirations to the gutter until sometime during 1L. we own exams

FTFY ;)

Wholigan

Postby Wholigan » Wed May 11, 2011 3:57 pm

Wholigan wrote:
mcweanis wrote:

dear god, i hope so.

You're really ahead of the curve. Most of us don't kick our dreams, goals and aspirations to the gutter until sometime during 1L. we own exams

+1 :mrgreen:

quiver

Postby quiver » Wed May 11, 2011 6:01 pm

Ok I'm just gonna point this out...OP's (now) ex-boyfriend dated a chick who went to Yale (law?) and a chick that's going to HLS. I feel like he deserves a hand shake, high five, or some other gesture representing a sincere congratulations. My senses tell me that he'll be just fine, even if he was initially devastated by the break-up.

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Wed May 11, 2011 6:01 pm

quiver wrote:Ok I'm just gonna point this out...OP's (now) ex-boyfriend dated a chick who went to Yale (law?) and a chick that's going to HLS. I feel like he deserves a hand shake, high five, or some other gesture representing a sincere congratulations. My senses tell me that he'll be just fine, even if he was initially devastated by the break-up.

Or a pity party, given the "law school hot" calibration needed.

quiver

Postby quiver » Wed May 11, 2011 6:07 pm

paratactical wrote:quiver wrote:
Ok I'm just gonna point this out...OP's (now) ex-boyfriend dated a chick who went to Yale (law?) and a chick that's going to HLS. I feel like he deserves a hand shake, high five, or some other gesture representing a sincere congratulations. My senses tell me that he'll be just fine, even if he was initially devastated by the break-up.

Touche.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Wed May 11, 2011 6:18 pm

Does that mean whoever dates him next will get into Stanford? I'll take his number...

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed May 11, 2011 6:20 pm

law_monkey wrote:Does that mean whoever dates him next will get into Stanford? I'll take his number...

Can I get in on this?

Mike12188

Postby Mike12188 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:34 pm

paratactical wrote:
quiver wrote:Ok I'm just gonna point this out...OP's (now) ex-boyfriend dated a chick who went to Yale (law?) and a chick that's going to HLS. I feel like he deserves a hand shake, high five, or some other gesture representing a sincere congratulations. My senses tell me that he'll be just fine, even if he was initially devastated by the break-up.

Yea, I think it just means he's into ugly chicks.

glitter178

Postby glitter178 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:40 pm

Mike12188 wrote:
paratactical wrote:

Yea, I think it just means he's into ugly chicks.

"law school hot" calibration? is that just that all law school chicks are ugly, or do they get uglier relative to their school's USNWR ranking?

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Wed May 11, 2011 6:44 pm

So I can get a snarky update in a year or two:

OP is an entitled, self-centered buffoon whose childish dreams of "saving the world" will soon be crushed under the cold, unforgiving weight of reality. She will suffer through law school, and through her unsatisfying legal career, before ultimately quitting and moving to Nepal to "find herself." She will attempt to fill the void in her life with Ben n' Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice cream, and alcohol. Her best friend in the world will be a pet parakeet named Skeeter. Meanwhile, her ex-bf will find career success and satisfaction at NYU, and will marry a beautiful, successful PI lawyer.

Ok, there ya go. Hit me up one of these years, OP.

subtle

Postby subtle » Wed May 11, 2011 6:53 pm

law_monkey wrote:Does that mean whoever dates him next will get into Stanford? I'll take his number...

:lol: <3

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Wed May 11, 2011 7:09 pm

mcweanis wrote:
paratactical wrote:
mcweanis wrote:probably not - only if they knew the specifics of the program (it's a special major, you have to design it yourself, requires advanced credits in at least three departments, etc). i do think that since i wrote my essays about/my entire career plan revolves around PI law in gender/sexuality, it might show some consistency (or something).

my boyfriend double majored in psych and math, just fyi, and thinks this will give him a bump

Great, so you both have unrealistic ideas of how difficult your UG courseloads were. Perfect match. Be happy with CLS and NYU.

i'm okay just being happy that i haven't posted on this forum 20,000 times, thanks

I'd imagine he is a douche-bag also. So i'd advise you two kids to stick together! You're probably sort of boring looking, but not fat and he is probably frattyish with a little hipster twist (both of which isn't all that appealing to real people). You've both done your requisite pro bono work for humanity and are moving on to law school. Its perfect. So I'd say, fuck it, go to CLS/NYU or both of you at CLS if possible, continue having boring missionary sex and get married at the end of LS.

subtle

Postby subtle » Wed May 11, 2011 7:56 pm

reasonable_man wrote:
mcweanis wrote:
paratactical wrote:
mcweanis wrote:probably not - only if they knew the specifics of the program (it's a special major, you have to design it yourself, requires advanced credits in at least three departments, etc). i do think that since i wrote my essays about/my entire career plan revolves around PI law in gender/sexuality, it might show some consistency (or something).

my boyfriend double majored in psych and math, just fyi, and thinks this will give him a bump

Great, so you both have unrealistic ideas of how difficult your UG courseloads were. Perfect match. Be happy with CLS and NYU.

i'm okay just being happy that i haven't posted on this forum 20,000 times, thanks

I'd imagine he is a douche-bag also. So i'd advise you two kids to stick together! You're probably sort of boring looking, but not fat and he is probably frattyish with a little hipster twist (both of which isn't all that appealing to real people). You've both done your requisite pro bono work for humanity and are moving on to law school. Its perfect. So I'd say, fuck it, go to CLS/NYU or both of you at CLS if possible, continue having boring missionary sex and get married at the end of LS.

You are late to the game. OP dumped him. And she's going to Hahvahd. (He's still going to NYU.)

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Wed May 11, 2011 8:27 pm

subtle wrote:
You are late to the game. OP dumped him. And she's going to Hahvahd. (He's still going to NYU.)

Man I thought you only found disrupted love like this in a Nicholas Sparks novel.

glitter178

Postby glitter178 » Wed May 11, 2011 8:28 pm

law_monkey wrote:
subtle wrote:

Man I thought you only found disrupted love like this in a Nicholas Sparks novel.

bahahahahahahaha

mcweanis

Postby mcweanis » Wed May 11, 2011 8:28 pm

\
Last edited by mcweanis on Wed May 11, 2011 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”