Are these reasonable?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
blurbz

Re: Are these reasonable?

Postby blurbz » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:54 pm

northwood wrote:
Slevin Kelevra 2011 wrote:Boston:
BU - WL
BC - WL

New York:
Fordham - In
Cardozo - In w/ $

DC:
George Washington - In
American** - In

Atlanta:
Emory - In
GSU - In w/ $
UGA - In w/ $

New Orleans:
Tulane** In w/ $
LSU** In w/ $

Chicago:
Kent - In w/ $
UIUC (ED)*- In w/ $
Loyola- In w/ $

California:
UC-Davis*- In w/ $
UC-Hastings*- In w/ $
UC-Irvine***- In w/ $

You do realize that you are committed to UIUC since you applied ED, right? even if they dont negotiate with you and another school ups their offer to something better. You should let the other schools know of your ED acceptance asap- and withdraw.

For you, I suggest this:

--ImageRemoved--

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:19 pm

but hooked on phonics said they worked for me! wtf!!!! naow I wants my money back!!

JakeL

Postby JakeL » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:33 pm

alexonfyre wrote:why is it that GSU's placement numbers come close to Emory's, particularly in clerkships? And UGA should be about even, but is actually ahead? 42% of Emory grads get jobs out of state, and it isn't because there aren't good jobs to be had in Atlanta.

EDIT: Also, I have decided to retake the LSAT in June and to put serious study time in it this time, so hopefully that LSAT score will go from borderline to solid in a couple of months.

This is pretty flawed. You are assuming the same #/% of students at Emory want to stay in ATL or GA, when Emory draws far more people from outside the state than UGA or GSU. Also much more likely that those who come from out of state will leave after.

JakeL

Postby JakeL » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:36 pm

Boston:
BU-out
BC-out

New York:
Fordham-out
Cardozo-maybe

DC:
George Washington-out
American**-maybe

Atlanta:
GSU-In
UGA-maybe

New Orleans:
Tulane**-maybe
LSU**-in

Chicago:
Kent-in
UIUC (ED)*-out
Loyola-in

California:
UC-Davis*-out
UC-Hastings*-out
UC-Irvine***-out

Coming from a 3.0/166 with strong softs.

alexonfyre

Postby alexonfyre » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:31 pm

JakeL wrote:
alexonfyre wrote:why is it that GSU's placement numbers come close to Emory's, particularly in clerkships? And UGA should be about even, but is actually ahead? 42% of Emory grads get jobs out of state, and it isn't because there aren't good jobs to be had in Atlanta.

EDIT: Also, I have decided to retake the LSAT in June and to put serious study time in it this time, so hopefully that LSAT score will go from borderline to solid in a couple of months.

This is pretty flawed. You are assuming the same #/% of students at Emory want to stay in ATL or GA, when Emory draws far more people from outside the state than UGA or GSU. Also much more likely that those who come from out of state will leave after.

That was the assumption I drew from evidence not vice versa. Based on my experience with the Atlanta market, Emory law students in the past have alienated the current ones from certain opportunities, particularly in PI/clerkships and midlaw (BigLaw is unaffected, obviously.)

Also, Tulane is a safety for me because of factors unrelated to numbers. I would rather not disclose why, since I don't think it is relevant.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”