Kent / OU & Other Options

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
OklahomasOK

Kent / OU & Other Options

Postby OklahomasOK » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:10 pm

As my horrible cycles comes to wait-listing halt, I'm forced to make a choice between going to OU or Kent for the same price.

I've also been waitlisted at UC Davis and Hastings (both are way ahead of OU and Kent on my choices), so I figure I could wait these out and make my choice easier. Ultimately, I'm stuck with a dilemma:

I'd like to go into IP, but the IP professor at OU is on sabbatical, and the admissions office was pretty ambiguous as to when she is returning. Kent is in Chicago, which I have tepid feelings about, and I know the situation with the legal market there. I've floated the idea around about getting an M.A. in Poly Sci while I retake in June/ October. Thoughts? Or would I be better served trying to cram an MBA into a year?

My questions, OU vs Kent for the same price, where would you go for IP? If neither is appealing, then would a MA or MBA be better?

Thanks TLS.

thedive

Re: Kent / OU & Other Options

Postby thedive » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:12 pm

By looking at your avatar I would say OU all the way. Going to Kent would certainly make it difficult getting a job in Chicago while OU places as the number one school in OK.

jelly

Postby jelly » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:01 pm

thedive wrote:By looking at your avatar I would say OU all the way. Going to Kent would certainly make it difficult getting a job in Chicago while OU places as the number one school in OK.

Kent has a much higher employed at graduation rate than OU according to the latest US News (75% to 55%). The Chicago market is tough in this economy, but Kent works hard to get graduates employed (they guarantee an externship to all students after their first year). If you're wanting to go into IP and are getting these schools for the same price, I would pick Kent. It's got a stronger IP rep than OU, and it sounds like you're getting a good scholarship offer from them.

buckilaw

Postby buckilaw » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:03 pm

Retake.

Reapply.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”