Which Law School Should I Choose?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
GAME

New

Which Law School Should I Choose?

Postby GAME » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:52 am

Hello everyone,

I would like your input on which law school I should choose out of the following options

1) University of Miami @ sticker
2) Penn State @ 5k/year
3) Hofstra @ 25k/year
4) Pepperdine @ sticker
5) Seton Hall @ 25k/year stipulation top 50% of class
6) Maryland @ sticker
7) St. John's @ 40k/year stipulation top 40% to keep 100% of scholarship, top 55% for 75% of scholarship, and top 65% of class to keep half
8) Cardozo @ sticker

I am an international student from Canada, and money isn't the biggest factor but it still is a factor. Furthermore, my father is fairly successful lawyer in Vancouver with his own practice so I can always come back to Canada and get accredited and work with him 100% guarantee hire. I do not intend on retaking the LSAT as I got a score of 165 and I am content with it. As of now I am leaning towards St. John's because it would basically be free tuition and I would only have to pay cost of living. I'm confident I can be in top 40% to maintain the full scholarship. However, in regards to rankings it is not the highest out of the schools I listed, but how much of a difference does it make in terms of quality of education?

All feedback is appreciated

Veyron

Gold

Re: Which Law School Should I Choose?

Postby Veyron » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:56 am

ITE, none of those schools is going to put you in a very good position to get a job in the states, so go debt free since dear old dad will hire you no matter where you go to school.

YourCaptain

Silver

Postby YourCaptain » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:13 am

If you have a 100% guarantee of being hired, take the option that will get you the most non-conditional cash (get those stipulations removed). Otherwise do not go to any of these schools.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Postby CanadianWolf » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:17 am

Did you apply to any higher ranked law schools ? If so, any decisions yet ?

GAME

New

Postby GAME » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:59 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Did you apply to any higher ranked law schools ? If so, any decisions yet ?

I applied to the both Arizona's , University of Washington, and University of Washington in St. Louis I am still waiting on decisions at those schools. I have also applied to UBC and Calgary in Canada. But I missed the deadlines for all the Ontario schools so wasn't able to apply to those.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School�