Which Law School Should I Choose?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
GAME

Which Law School Should I Choose?

Postby GAME » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:52 am

Hello everyone,

I would like your input on which law school I should choose out of the following options

1) University of Miami @ sticker
2) Penn State @ 5k/year
3) Hofstra @ 25k/year
4) Pepperdine @ sticker
5) Seton Hall @ 25k/year stipulation top 50% of class
6) Maryland @ sticker
7) St. John's @ 40k/year stipulation top 40% to keep 100% of scholarship, top 55% for 75% of scholarship, and top 65% of class to keep half
8) Cardozo @ sticker

I am an international student from Canada, and money isn't the biggest factor but it still is a factor. Furthermore, my father is fairly successful lawyer in Vancouver with his own practice so I can always come back to Canada and get accredited and work with him 100% guarantee hire. I do not intend on retaking the LSAT as I got a score of 165 and I am content with it. As of now I am leaning towards St. John's because it would basically be free tuition and I would only have to pay cost of living. I'm confident I can be in top 40% to maintain the full scholarship. However, in regards to rankings it is not the highest out of the schools I listed, but how much of a difference does it make in terms of quality of education?

All feedback is appreciated

Veyron

Re: Which Law School Should I Choose?

Postby Veyron » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:56 am

ITE, none of those schools is going to put you in a very good position to get a job in the states, so go debt free since dear old dad will hire you no matter where you go to school.

YourCaptain

Postby YourCaptain » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:13 am

If you have a 100% guarantee of being hired, take the option that will get you the most non-conditional cash (get those stipulations removed). Otherwise do not go to any of these schools.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:17 am

Did you apply to any higher ranked law schools ? If so, any decisions yet ?

GAME

Postby GAME » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:59 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Did you apply to any higher ranked law schools ? If so, any decisions yet ?

I applied to the both Arizona's , University of Washington, and University of Washington in St. Louis I am still waiting on decisions at those schools. I have also applied to UBC and Calgary in Canada. But I missed the deadlines for all the Ontario schools so wasn't able to apply to those.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”