Loyola (LA) or American? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
balls

New

Re: Loyola (LA) or American?

Post by balls » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:48 am

justhockey31 wrote:Either school is going to require top grades to find a great job so in that sense it is a push between the two. Are you from California? From what I have heard LA is definitely not for everybody as it is more of a sprawl than a true metropolitan. If possible should definitely be visiting these two schools and not looking on TLS because as similar schools you need to decide where you would be most comfortable. The only way to do this is to go to LA and DC and see if you can live there for three years of school plus probably another 5 at least to solidify your career. Good luck!
thanks, i appreciate the advice. i know that ill need to visit each school. im checking out washington in a couple weeks and ill take a tour of the campus and ill see loyola and meet a prof or two there at as well.

i know that ill need top grades at either school. fully aware of this. i get the impression that posters dont get that; maybe i should make that more clear:

i know i will need top grades at either school. i never went to class in undergrad. i studied for maybe 3 weeks for the lsat and scored a 163. i am NOT willing to take a year of my life off to study for the lsat again and hope for a t14, im sorry. bitch all you want but it wont happen. full ride to harvard is not worth 12 months of my life, and if your financial ego begs you to flame me for that, go for it.

i am not going to law school for the money. im here because it works and i will enjoy my 3 years learning the law. it makes sense, and if i have to try to do my best at a lowly t5o than its in my cards.

not that i believe in fate, just that ive drawn them, and from my own actions or otherwise, i have a single t50 school to attend, and so i'll probably go there.

ive seen LA. and to be honest, i love the lakers, and the dodgers, and my closest friends and family are here in socal, but i dont know LA much, and from what i HAVE seen, its not that great. Ive seen DC once in my life when i was younger, and i loved the city.

thats not the point.

i can be happy anywhere. i need no ties or incentives to live one place or another, or to reconsider a financial liability that lasts a lifetime.

maybe this whole thread is pointless. i want money and family and friends to be absent from any opinions. maybe thats too much to ask.

jigalion

New

Post by jigalion » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:25 am

balls wrote: thanks, i appreciate the advice. i know that ill need to visit each school. im checking out washington in a couple weeks and ill take a tour of the campus and ill see loyola and meet a prof or two there at as well.

i know that ill need top grades at either school. fully aware of this. i get the impression that posters dont get that; maybe i should make that more clear:

i know i will need top grades at either school. i never went to class in undergrad. i studied for maybe 3 weeks for the lsat and scored a 163. i am NOT willing to take a year of my life off to study for the lsat again and hope for a t14, im sorry. bitch all you want but it wont happen. full ride to harvard is not worth 12 months of my life, and if your financial ego begs you to flame me for that, go for it.

i am not going to law school for the money. im here because it works and i will enjoy my 3 years learning the law. it makes sense, and if i have to try to do my best at a lowly t5o than its in my cards.

not that i believe in fate, just that ive drawn them, and from my own actions or otherwise, i have a single t50 school to attend, and so i'll probably go there.

ive seen LA. and to be honest, i love the lakers, and the dodgers, and my closest friends and family are here in socal, but i dont know LA much, and from what i HAVE seen, its not that great. Ive seen DC once in my life when i was younger, and i loved the city.

thats not the point.

i can be happy anywhere. i need no ties or incentives to live one place or another, or to reconsider a financial liability that lasts a lifetime.

maybe this whole thread is pointless. i want money and family and friends to be absent from any opinions. maybe thats too much to ask.
I'll pray for you.

balls

New

Post by balls » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:13 pm

jigalion wrote:
balls wrote: thanks, i appreciate the advice. i know that ill need to visit each school. im checking out washington in a couple weeks and ill take a tour of the campus and ill see loyola and meet a prof or two there at as well.

thats not the point.

I'll pray for you.
"dear little baby jesus, theres this guy on tls, his name is balls..."

:O

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:15 pm

The last few posts have been entertaining, if not misguided logically and substantively. OP: good luck and I hope it all works out for you. Really. If it does work out, however, it will not be because you factored sports teams into your decision.

arhmcpo

Bronze

Post by arhmcpo » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:54 pm

Just read on TTR that American grads are the 4th most indebted at graduation of any law school in the country, seems relevant since you seem to look forward to the prospect of taking on a shit load of non-dischargable debt. Although I would hazard a guess that the DC legal market is much better than LA since it has so many more fed. government opportunities. But quality of life is likely better in LA over DC thanks to weather and socal attractions etc. etc.

I'm glad you've enjoyed living in debt through undergrad because with the reasoning you've provided for going to these schools you will spend the next 3 years gaining much much more it --- followed by literally a lifetime of paying it off.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

balls

New

Post by balls » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:12 pm

:mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”