serious help please :) california vs. the northeast

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Fred_McGriff

Re: serious help please :) california vs. the northeast

Postby Fred_McGriff » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:41 pm

Like fattened cows to the slaughter...

Danteshek

Postby Danteshek » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:42 pm

The schools you are considering are pretty terrible.

Also, LOL at your assumption that you will be top-of-the-class. Everyone thinks this.

I am guessing you went to an elitist east coast LC where you were conditioned to hate men (Wesleyan? Smith?)

feminista

Postby feminista » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:43 pm

i want to practice law. period. regardless of sticker price. whittier offered me 10G for 1L and pending 1L grades 50-100% tuition for 2L... But their bar passage rate is fairly low. So they are my last choice. Please let me know if you have any advice on the schools i previously posted. thank you.

Danteshek

Postby Danteshek » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:44 pm

feminista wrote:i want to practice law. period. regardless of sticker price. whittier offered me 10G for 1L and pending 1L grades 50-100% tuition for 2L... But their bar passage rate is fairly low. So they are my last choice. Please let me know if you have any advice on the schools i previously posted. thank you.

We have already given you all the advice you are going to get.

feminista

Postby feminista » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:46 pm

what is with the personal attacks? check yourself before you wreck yourself-- feminism is not about hating men. anyone who has yet to speak have any advice on the question that i initially posted??

Sinra

Postby Sinra » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:49 pm

feminista wrote:what is with the personal attacks? check yourself before you wreck yourself-- feminism is not about hating men. anyone who has yet to speak have any advice on the question that i initially posted??

You're not going to get the advice you want to hear. Good luck!
Last edited by Sinra on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buckilaw

Postby buckilaw » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:49 pm

feminista wrote:i want to practice law. period. regardless of sticker price. whittier offered me 10G for 1L and pending 1L grades 50-100% tuition for 2L... But their bar passage rate is fairly low. So they are my last choice. Please let me know if you have any advice on the schools i previously posted. thank you.

If you would like to practice so badly you should consider what schools give you the best oppurtunity to actually practice law. If you insist on going 160k in debt for meager oppurtunities to actually practice law, you could always skip the debt and act as a pro se litigant.

Alex-Trof

Postby Alex-Trof » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:49 pm

*Sigh* We tried.

Fine, pick California Western because it is in San Diego. At least you will live in a nice place while the loan money last.

joemoviebuff

Postby joemoviebuff » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:50 pm

The question is whether any of these institutions will give you a fighting chance at doing that. Absent the obvious 'retake', and since you don't care about paying sticker (which is truly ridiculous), go to the school in the least congested market.

But seriously, if you can't control your anxiety over the entrance exam to law school, how do you expect to control it on the much longer finals tests that determine your entire grade for the class, not to mention that you also have a couple hundred grand and your future on the line?

drmguy

Postby drmguy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:54 pm

Since you don't want to listen to valid advice do whatever you want.

There are other message boards that are blindly supportive of terrible decisions.

TR Fan

Postby TR Fan » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:57 pm

feminista wrote:... However, my LSAT was only a 150 (major anxiety). So this is what I ended up with. Any suggestions on which one to choose? California vs. Northeast. I appreciate any feedback.

PS- I want to get into politics. Specifically LGBT and women's issues.

Do you generally feel highly anxious during important exams? Nothing inherently wrong with that, some folks just aren't good at testing. But if text anxiety is a problem, shouldn't you reconsider a strategy that has you consistently performing at the top 5% of your class?

That aside, if you're intent on going to law school and working in politics then go with UDC, for the internships possibilities if nothing else. Or failing that, I echo the earlier post recommending that you explore MBA programs (which I think could provide a rewarding career working in LGBT and women's issues' even if not in ways you've previously considered).

Best of luck!

feminista

Postby feminista » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:04 pm

THANK YOU TR FAN!

I dont usually have test anxiety. I was just in a bad place at the time. And I want to start law school this fall so i cannot retake it a 3rd time. Any thoughts about transferring to a "better school" after 1L if i do in fact rock that first year?

buckilaw

Postby buckilaw » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:08 pm

feminista wrote:THANK YOU TR FAN!

I dont usually have test anxiety. I was just in a bad place at the time. And I want to start law school this fall so i cannot retake it a 3rd time. Any thoughts about transferring to a "better school" after 1L if i do in fact rock that first year?

You have to be flaming us.

feminista

Postby feminista » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:11 pm

i dont speak ur language buckilaw. lolll

buckilaw

Postby buckilaw » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:13 pm

It's generally harder to transfer into a school for 2L than it is to get into a school through the regular admissions process. I'm starting to think you may know this already and are posting on a forum alt for your own amusement.

cj2k14

Postby cj2k14 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:13 pm

You could retake in June and apply to Florida Coastal for Fall.. Apparently their Fall JD deadline isn't until July 15th. This option kills like 4 birds with 1 stone... retake, still go to a TTT, spend a lot of money, poor job prospects.. and so on

feminista

Postby feminista » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:17 pm

you all suck btw. peace out! good luck at harvard. id still kick your ass in a courtroom even from a 4T school. DONT holler back. thanks ;)

Alex-Trof

Postby Alex-Trof » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:22 pm

feminista wrote:you all suck btw. peace out! good luck at harvard. id still kick your ass in a courtroom even from a 4T school. DONT holler back. thanks ;)

FYI Not all of us are going to Harvard.

To truly master kicking ass in courtroom you should consider Cooley. I've seen that exact attitude from Cooley students, you will fit right in.

buckilaw

Postby buckilaw » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:29 pm

feminista wrote:you all suck btw. peace out! good luck at harvard. id still kick your ass in a courtroom even from a 4T school. DONT holler back. thanks ;)

Well, I doubt we will ever see you in court. Since most T4 grads will end up doing DUI defense or w/e other work they can find. Most TLS users will not be in your area of, "expertise".

lawyerwannabe

Postby lawyerwannabe » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:37 pm

feminista wrote:Wow. A friend found this forum and thought it may help me make a decision. But the replies I have received thus far just seem so elitist. I really just want suggestions on the options I already have. I don't believe one must attend Harvard to obtain a job post graduation. Anyone else? Thank you in advance.

I find posts like this funny. People do realize the name of the website they are visiting, correct?

TyrodTaylor

Postby TyrodTaylor » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:40 pm

i thougth about calling flame. but if it was, it was very well played.

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:42 pm

feminista wrote:Wow. A friend found this forum and thought it may help me make a decision. But the replies I have received thus far just seem so elitist. I really just want suggestions on the options I already have. I don't believe one must attend Harvard to obtain a job post graduation. Anyone else? Thank you in advance.

well no, you could be self-employed

do you know how to run a business? You could just go solo

Danteshek

Postby Danteshek » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:43 pm

This decision you are making will make it virtually impossible for a man to marry you. But you probably don't care, since you are a feminista fem-nazi

Alex-Trof

Postby Alex-Trof » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:45 pm

Danteshek wrote:This decision you are making will make it virtually impossible for a man to marry you. But you probably don't care, since you are a feminista fem-nazi

Mail-in-Groom?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”