How has TLS affected your thought/application process?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Patriot1208

Re: How has TLS affected your thought/application process?

Postby Patriot1208 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:49 pm

piccolittle wrote:
TLS wrote:180 or bust

That's what it did to me. I cried both when I got a 175 (sad) and got into Columbia (happy), despite TLS making me think I should have ED'd to UVA to avoid getting locked out of the T10.

I friggin love this place.

You cried when you got a 175? I don't think TLS did that to you.

ATR

Postby ATR » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:21 pm

piccolittle wrote:That's what it did to me. I cried both when I got a 175 (sad) and got into Columbia (happy), despite TLS making me think I should have ED'd to UVA to avoid getting locked out of the T10.

Mommy?
Last edited by ATR on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:23 pm

ATR wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:That's what it did to me. I cried both when I got a 175 (sad) and got into Columbia (happy), despite TLS making me think I should have ED'd to UVA to avoid getting locked out of the T10.

Mommy?

Check yo quote attributions

ATR

Postby ATR » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:38 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:Check yo quote attributions

Fix'd.

fakemoney

Postby fakemoney » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:48 pm

AP-375 wrote:TLS makes me feel like matriculating at a T30 is a disappointment, but if I do well I could have a shot at transferring to a T14, which I'm not allowed to talk about.

LOL

+1

Confused_Pete

Postby Confused_Pete » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:23 am

Now I eat broccoli.

RaiderInBlue47

Postby RaiderInBlue47 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:17 pm

TLS has made me feel cynical about the legal profession, feel like I'm destined for a 155-160 and feel like I'm destined for a TTTTTTTT with a job as this guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cD9x1xTSjw

Thanks TLS!

Really though, it's made me think about my future more than I would have.

Ship87

Postby Ship87 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:34 pm

I learned better test taking strategies and without TLS I might not have retaken my 171 to get a 177. Without TLS, I wouldn't have been online all day during LSAT release score day either. So, good and bad.

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:46 pm

fakemoney wrote:
AP-375 wrote:TLS makes me feel like matriculating at a T30 is a disappointment, but if I do well I could have a shot at transferring to a T14, which I'm not allowed to talk about.

LOL

+1

haha, awesome. For me, TLS has made me over think every application I've put in, and agonize over my law school decisions more so than any other academic decision I've ever made. And the site made me believe I was destined to attend a TTT with my mediocre LSAT, but with the way my cycle has turned out I'll definitely be happy with my T30 and T14 options.

Dany

Postby Dany » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:49 pm

I was going to ED to Georgetown.

legalmo

Postby legalmo » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:20 pm

I probably discovered the site a bit too early, but I'd like to think the hours of reading advice will pay off. Before TLS I assumed I would get in to Columbia by hoping really hard, and now I have a pretty good idea of what it will take to make that happen (though whether or not I can deliver remains to be seen).

Also, I quit playing World of Warcraft. This is a bit more addicting and usually useful :P .

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:57 pm

eskimo wrote:I was going to ED to Georgetown.

Being from DC, Georgetown was by far my favorite pre-TLS. I'm glad I looked at some other options because Michigan was not even on my radar before.

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:02 pm

eskimo wrote:I was going to ED to Georgetown.

lolololololololol.

ExpectLess

Postby ExpectLess » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:05 pm

Last edited by ExpectLess on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HawksJetsFalcons

Postby HawksJetsFalcons » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:06 am

Before: Willing to pay sticker at Seton Hall

After: Re-took, and going to a top30 with $ in the fall

Pricer

Postby Pricer » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:36 am

Before TLS, I would have been happy attending the local T30 regional law school. After TLS, I am angry and utterly disappointed in myself that I took a year off and significantly raised my LSAT only to get WLed at T20 schools and still be about to attend the same regional T30.

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:01 am

TLS taught me:

-I'm already a failure at LS as an 0L
-Always, no matter what, ED to UVa
-"Retake" is always the right answer. You got a 170? Well, loser, you got 10 more points to get...
-If you don't go to a T14, you might as well not go to LS; If you do get into a T14, it doesn't matter unless it's T6.
-If you're not mexican, puerto rican, black or native american, you're white.
-picwhore, or GTFO
-it's okay to be a completely self-involved, anti-social monster during your app cycle. it's actually expected.

and finally, TLS taught me how to be a snarky internet asshole.

:lol:
But seriously, TLS has been an INVALUABLE resource during this very scary and confusing process, and it's made me more excited (and simultaneously more afraid) to become a law student.
Last edited by girlonfire on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

powerlawyer06

Postby powerlawyer06 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:08 am

girlonfire wrote:TLS taught me:

-"Retake" is always the right answer. You got a 170? Well, loser, you got 10 more points to get...
-If you don't go to a T14, you might as well not go to LS; If you do get into a T14, it doesn't matter unless it's T6.
-picwhore, or GTFO
-it's okay to be a completely self-involved, anti-social monster during your app cycle. it's actually expected.

But seriously, TLS has been an INVALUABLE resource during this very scary and confusing process, and it's made me more excited (and simultaneously more afraid) to become a law student.

LOL, TITCR

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:10 am

-picwhore, or GTFO

wait now......you forgot to add that you learned that to break into the T14 you should ED to UVA. With WE, ED to Northwestern. This is of course after you have done a retake and reapplied for the next cycle.

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:12 am

Pricer wrote:Before TLS, I would have been happy attending the local T30 regional law school. After TLS, I am angry and utterly disappointed in myself that I took a year off and significantly raised my LSAT only to get WLed at T20 schools and still be about to attend the same regional T30.

this. just this.

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:16 am

DeeCee wrote:wait now......you forgot to add that you learned that to break into the T14 you should ED to UVA. With WE, ED to Northwestern. This is of course after you have done a retake and reapplied for the next cycle.

fixed.

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:33 am

girlonfire wrote:
DeeCee wrote:wait now......you forgot to add that you learned that to break into the T14 you should ED to UVA. With WE, ED to Northwestern. This is of course after you have done a retake and reapplied for the next cycle.

fixed.

lol. awesome :D

harrijust86

Postby harrijust86 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:48 am

Ship87 wrote:I learned better test taking strategies and without TLS I might not have retaken my 171 to get a 177. Without TLS, I wouldn't have been online all day during LSAT release score day either. So, good and bad.

ExpectLess wrote:Retook a 172. Worth it.
Pricer wrote:Before TLS, I would have been happy attending the local T30 regional law school. After TLS, I am angry and utterly disappointed in myself that I took a year off and significantly raised my LSAT only to get WLed at T20 schools and still be about to attend the same regional T30.

This is my world right now...
"171?? you pathetic piece of shit.... retake!"
"Sticker at GW? are you out of your mind, wait a year and reapply"
Me.... "Oh dear god I thought a 171 was good, and I would be a lock at BC/BU... screw it if I get in I'm going, why would i wait a year?"
I've only been on TLS for two weeks and it has completely changed my outlook. Sad

Also.. THIS:

-picwhore, or GTFO

mettasutta

Postby mettasutta » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:38 am

If it weren't for TLS, I would have never considered scholarship negotiation. I would have either taken the plunge and paid sticker or (more likely outcome) matriculated at a very solid but second choice school. Writing that letter was the best decision I made this cycle.

Despite the small but vocal minority of self-absorbed d-bags on here, I'm incredibly grateful for the advice and perspectives from TLS and hope to pay if forward as a law student.

mottainai

Postby mottainai » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:57 am

-If you don't go to a T14 T13, you might as well not go to LS; If you do get into a T14 T13, it doesn't matter unless it's T6 HYS.
-picwhore, or GTFO

FTFY

Return to “Choosing a Law School”